Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you do it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Eat food without meat I mean like would you substitute with something I cant even think of any meals Id make if I didnt use meat. The reason Im asking is because Id like to eat less meat and poultry etc. We eat alot of chicken and i dont have a problem with that but Id love to figure out how to make meatless meals because Im very picky and dont really like alot of meats.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica1078
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I made fettucini(sp?) noodles with a homemade garlic sauce added fresh steamed broccolli and Parmesan as a dare from my 11 yo DD she said the boys wouldn't eat it...they eat it about once every two weeks or so and love it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM
That actually sounds really good

Quoting jessica1078:

I made fettucini(sp?) noodles with a homemade garlic sauce added fresh steamed broccolli and Parmesan as a dare from my 11 yo DD she said the boys wouldn't eat it...they eat it about once every two weeks or so and love it
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Bump! I'd like to know too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
You just leave the meat out
Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM

We eat a lot of meat...lol

Snowflower901
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I know.. I literally start going through withdraws after awhile of no meat ..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM

My mom is a vegetarian and she uses a lot of soy/tofu/wheat substitutes. Fake chicken, fake bacon, fake turkey on Thanksgiving...etc. She's been a vegetarian for about 15 years now so she knows what she's doing.

karraselle
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I make spinach and mushroom quesadillas

split pea soup

potato soup

vegetable lasagna

tomato omlettes

All are pretty good. My family loves them anyway, especially the quesadillas.

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM

We do have two meals that have become popular, one is a type of chili/stew thing I made simply because I hadn't defrosted any meat for dinner. I got a can of chili beans, a can of green beans, a can of corn and a can of hominy and threw it all in a pot, juices and all. I also added a small can of tomato sauce. The beans are protien. To me it was really good. My 9 year old wants me to add more green beans and put either corn OR hominy in (not both). It's become a favorite over the last few weeks.

We also make salads, but instead of having meat we'll boil eggs and slice them up in the salad for protein.

Liyoness
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I throw seeds and nuts in everything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN