Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can barely walk and DH won't let me relax

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ugh! It's that time of the month and I have terrible cramps. I know I've over medicated myself with ibuprofen. The only way they go away is if I sit around for a few hours.

Well that's not an excuse! DH told me even though I'm in terrible pain I still need to get the house clean and take care of DS.

So what's DH doing, you might ask. He is sitting on the couch playing Mario Party 8.

Fuck!!!!! :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
And of course you're going to listen I bet. He does it cuz he knows he gets away with it. Stop letting him treat you like a slave and he will stop.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM

That would be the day.....

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting randi1978:

He's the kids parent, too.  Your son isn't your sole responsibility.

Why do so many men think they don't have to lift a finger to help raise kids?

Because the woman allows it.  Maybe if some women were more selective about who they have kids with this would be less of a problem.

It boggles my mind.  It really does. 

Aleta775
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Tell him he can get up off of his ass and help you. What a jack ass. 

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I tell my husband straight out "If you're not helping to keep the house clean you are not allowed to complain about it."

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM
It's a part of life and I agree that you need to get up and take care of your son at the very least. Your period is an excuse you use to be lazy.
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM

yeah i'd be sittingon my butt and telling him if he doesn't like it he can clean i'm taking the day off. stnad up for yourself!

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Im sorry. I am recovering from an appendectomy and thankfully mine is helpful. He makes a huge mess first but at least cleans it up. Talk to him and let him know you would appreciate a little bit of effort from him in place of your usual hard work.
marie2409
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Seriously, where do these men come from and why do you (general you) put up with them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armywifey1983
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:19 PM

oh hellll no... I'd be punting his ass repeatedly, then burning the controller in the fireplace. Cramps are not to be messed with (my first 24-36 hours of the monthly visit are a nightmare, I totally understand!). Just remember that this is permission to do the same to him the next time he feels crappy. In the meantime, continue taking it easy and screw what the lazy man-child says.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured