Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help me convince my husband to get the snip!

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 36 Replies

We're not sure YET if that's what we wanna do. So if his reason was "I think I still want more kids" then I'd be okay with it.

But it isn't. He's opposed because "no one is coming near my junk with a knife". Really?! How VAIN can you be?!?! And PS... you're Circ'd!!!!

I've used all the usual arguments... it's an outpatient procedure, I've labored and delivered three times so it's YOUR turn, it's safer and healthier for YOU to do it, it doesn't hurt... I mean I've tried all of that.

He has a best friend who got it done and the guy's left nut swelled to a baseball size, and had all these complications. This information SCREWED me. Dh was mortified and the teeny crack in the door has been slammed shut and sealed forever. He refuses to even revisit the idea. Really? Cuz ONE GUY had complications?!?! COME ON!!!

Anyway, I'm on Mirena right now. Been using the IUD for idk... three years I guess. I'm 90% sure we're done, so we NEED to revisit the issue. He just turned 30. I really, REALLY don't want to get my tubes tied. It's not as failsafe, it's not as easy of a recovery.... and dammit I just don't wanna! I've already had my share of minor surgeries and hospital visits (three babies plus a gallbladder removal). He hasn't had ANY. Never once been admitted.

I feel like it's his turn to step up. I'm tired of being the only one responsible for the size of my family. Birth control has taken a MASSIVE toll on my body. I've been through hell and back trying to find one that works for me. It's his turn to take responsibility for our family. To do SOMETHING to contribute.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
helema24
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM

hit him where it hurts and tell him the goodies are offlimits until he has it done.....women can hold out longer than men!!

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My hubby has the same argument. It's annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM
4 moms liked this

Start using condoms.
Tell him if he doesn't like them, he's going to have to get snipped.
LOL Worked for me! DH got it done early December.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I wish I knew what to tell you.  I was in the same boat until recently.  What ended up working for me was not giving him sex.  It wasn't intended as a punishment-I didn't even realize what had happened until a few months ago.  I gradually lost my drive because I am/was always worried about getting pregnant. 

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM
3 moms liked this
So when a woman didn't want her husband to get a vasectomy, it was his body to do with what he wants. But a mom who wants her dh to get one should bully and try trick to him into it?

Use other protection or get your tubes tied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Especially if you buy a vibrator and start masturbating in front of him.

Quoting helema24:

hit him where it hurts and tell him the goodies are offlimits until he has it done.....women can hold out longer than men!!

poietes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Glad my dh isnt a baby, he went in on his lunch break, it took half an hr and he went back to work (desk job). I think the think that bugged him the most was that the 2 stitches they put in itched a little, no other complaints from him. Wish I could be more help but dh really isnt a complainer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM

After 4 kids and knowing we were done, my husband did get snipped.  Its really no big deal -- he was outside pitching to our son a few hours after the procedure (granted he was sitting in a chair icing himself - but he was still playing baseball).  There's no way that it hurts more than the pain of childbirth and recovery.  It is your hubby's turn to take responsibility - I'm not sure how you can get that point across other than the fact that birth control gets expensive each month.  It's nice not having to worry about getting pregnant once you are sure you are done.  Good Luck!

superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:15 PM

why dont you just get your tubes tied.  its not that big of a deal,  I was sick one day and the next up taking care of my kids.  If he doesnt want to then there is no reason to force him to.  JMHO

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM

GL.  I couldn't convince my ex to do it.  I therefore had a tubal (had to have a c-section anyway and was tied at that time).  I guess I felt it was his body so he had the right to say no.  I do see your point but if the guy doesn't want it, he doesn't.  Tell him to start using condoms...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)