Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me convince my husband to get the snip!

Posted by   + Show Post

We're not sure YET if that's what we wanna do. So if his reason was "I think I still want more kids" then I'd be okay with it.

But it isn't. He's opposed because "no one is coming near my junk with a knife". Really?! How VAIN can you be?!?! And PS... you're Circ'd!!!!

I've used all the usual arguments... it's an outpatient procedure, I've labored and delivered three times so it's YOUR turn, it's safer and healthier for YOU to do it, it doesn't hurt... I mean I've tried all of that.

He has a best friend who got it done and the guy's left nut swelled to a baseball size, and had all these complications. This information SCREWED me. Dh was mortified and the teeny crack in the door has been slammed shut and sealed forever. He refuses to even revisit the idea. Really? Cuz ONE GUY had complications?!?! COME ON!!!

Anyway, I'm on Mirena right now. Been using the IUD for idk... three years I guess. I'm 90% sure we're done, so we NEED to revisit the issue. He just turned 30. I really, REALLY don't want to get my tubes tied. It's not as failsafe, it's not as easy of a recovery.... and dammit I just don't wanna! I've already had my share of minor surgeries and hospital visits (three babies plus a gallbladder removal). He hasn't had ANY. Never once been admitted.

I feel like it's his turn to step up. I'm tired of being the only one responsible for the size of my family. Birth control has taken a MASSIVE toll on my body. I've been through hell and back trying to find one that works for me. It's his turn to take responsibility for our family. To do SOMETHING to contribute.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
Melbornj
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM

My stance in no sex if he doesn't get it done, I have already told hubby that when we are done that is the way that it is going to be. 

armstrong7984
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM

how bout this one. my dh refuses to get snipped and he refuses to let us use any protection. But oh well were ttc our first right now and its not happening, so maybe ill never need to go down that road..idk

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Leave him alone. It's his penis not yours. There are other methods of birth control.
MrsRi
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM

My husband had no complications, his sex drive is still amazingly high, we had sex less than a week after he had it done and he was fine.  There was a bit of sensitivity and still is around the scar, but it's not bad, he likes when I play with it, he says its like directly connected to other spots ;-) I'm glad he got it done!  I don't have to worry about the whole baby thing ever again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM
After watching my husband suffer through his vasectomy complications I will never recommend it for any man. Google post vasectomy pain syndrome. It's real, and it happens. Why fix something that isn't broken? But realistically he'd probably be just fine (but that's what I thought too).
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM
My husband & I are going through the same thing....but I can't be too upset, really. It's his body, period. If he doesn' t want to do it, it doesn't really matter why. It's his decision. I figure we can just use condoms.
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Just have him do the research. Vasectomies are short, minor procedures with incredibly high effectiveness and incredibly low complication rates. Tubal ligations or implants are more complicated, more dangerous, take longer recovery time, are more likely to spontaneously reverse or fail, and can cause scary complications down the road (ectopic pregnancies, for example).

If he's not willing to take a minor risk on himself to save a more serious one to you, he's got some serious growing up to do.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Sorry my dh volunteered
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM

My husband volenterred for it. They gave him Valium, maybe that will help. He says he didn't feel a thing, and he was back up and going before the 3 days they told him to rest!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I'm in the same boat with you I'm pregnant with #3 an we both agree we'er done,he said he would do it then quickly changed his mind. I hope you have better luck then i did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured