Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We can't claim our children on taxes anymore???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband just told me that this is the last year we can claim our daughter on our taxes because the deal the government made over that whole fiscal cliff is that parents can't claim their children on taxes anymore. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Replies (51-60):
1979mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

It's on the internet and they can't post anything on the internet that isn't true. I heard that on the internet. Oh hears my date, he's a french model. 

"ugh bonjour"

Yeah this post just made me think of that commercial. LOLOLOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Lol you can still claim your kids. If your dh is going to believe everything he hears, I suggest getting a tax advisor to help you file.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

You might want to go to H&R Block to have your taxes done. Your hubby may screw it up. lol no offense

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Quoting mommyrustina:

Rub your husband's shoulders, smile sympathetically, say "yes dear, that is awful", then for the love of all that is holy do NOT let him do your taxes.

Lmao!!!
trish_odi
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM
This is one of the main reasons I have started the businesses I have because of all the tax credits I can claim my cell my gas my going out to eat travel even my vacation as long as I have talked to some one about getting involved with what I do and get there email its a wright off a home businesses is a great way to get a lot more deductions .I know people that's the main reason they joined this businesses
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

When will people learn to do the fucking research when they hear stuff like this. If you are here posting about it, you certainly can google.

trish_odi
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM
So if any moms are looking to bridge the gap on there tax return for next year let me know I might be able to help . I have my own home internet buissnes and the deductions are great .
confused0701
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 4 and never claimed any of them until my 2011 return and was amazed at the difference.  I went from getting $200 back to getting $4,000+ back!  

Quoting trish_odi:

This is one of the main reasons I have started the businesses I have because of all the tax credits I can claim my cell my gas my going out to eat travel even my vacation as long as I have talked to some one about getting involved with what I do and get there email its a wright off a home businesses is a great way to get a lot more deductions .I know people that's the main reason they joined this businesses

trish_odi
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I know I am tiered of struggling and make some one ells rich and the taxes are always dumped on the middle class no more this is not going to be me I have change my way of thinking and am making my own way in life I work at want I do and am much happier :-)
Tashina12
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Hahaha! This.

Quoting mommyrustina:

Rub your husband's shoulders, smile sympathetically, say "yes dear, that is awful", then for the love of all that is holy do NOT let him do your taxes.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)