Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Guess what my daughter wanted for a snack??? AND YES.. I gave it to her..... EDITED!!! Another edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 165 Replies
14 moms liked this

first of all, at my house we have scheduled times to eat....

Bfast - is when they are ready on the weekends and around 7 on school days

Snack at 11

Lunch at 1

Snack at 3

Dinner at 5:30

Snack at 8pm

BUT... my 4 year old wanted a snack... it was only 9am..... so I explained that she just had bfast and that she's probably not really THAT hungry and snack time isn't until 11 (she is a clock watcher and understands how to read a digital clock).... I told her that was 2 more hours...and she replies, "I don't think I can wait thru 4 Caillou's", lol.... anyway... I said, "what are you wanting for a snack at 11?".... she says.."Easy, I want 1/2 a cucumber, a tomato, grapes, and an apple"..... LOL... so I went ahead and gave THAT to her..... and she ate almost all of it, :-)

I love when my kids voluntarily and happily choose healthy foods :-)

ETA:  I put this in a reply too, but I am going to add it here as well:

Wow!  You people can tear any thing apart..... geez!!!

My kids are used to the schedule... I mean, when they go to school or work...they can't just eat whenever they want... they have set times for those things..... but I am not downing anyone for allowing their kids graze.... I wish I was allowed limits when I was younger, maybe I wouldn't feel like I still need to do it today, IDK.... but that doesn't matter....

As long as your kids aren't over weight or malnourished, then it really doesn't matter.  I just wanted to post this because I was proud of my 4 year olds choice... and since it was a healthy choice... I let her eat outside of the schedule....... 

But I am not perfect...this isn't snow white.... because they do eat junk too.... they are well-rounded eaters, lol!!!  I was just surprised at her choice.... and I was a little proud.

Sorry to bother you all!!!!! 

OK...another EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

OK......she really wasn't that hungry....she ate 2 bowls of oatmeal about an hour earlier (she wanted to wait until after we dropped the other 2 off at school) - the only one's that eat at 7 are the 2 that are in school.... she ate at about 8:15ish.... 

GEEZ people!!!

Look....I never got on here claiming I was perfect...I mean heck....if she made choices like this all the time, I probably wouldn't be as proud....ya know.....or felt the need to brag....

But if I had said it was a pop-tart and that I let her eat one all day.... I would've been bashed.... I guess proud mommy moments aren't allowed.  And no one can do right in here......

I am not talking about politics, religion, abortion, Food stamps, etc....you know - real controversial topics......I am talking about some fruit and veggies for a 4 year old..... UGH! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Mine do that too. I just giggle and think, "Man I must be lucky!"

Mommy383
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah my boys tried spinach salad with sliced strawberries and loved it. So proud!
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM
19 moms liked this

I feel like I was forced into a scene from Snow White where everyone is singing with the birds and dancing around a forest.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a vitamixer, so my kids are always bugging me for smoothies.  If they only knew the only ingredients were ice, fruit and leafy greens like KALE, they would probably reconsider.  :)

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM
My kids choose healthy food over junk all the time. Makes me happy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
What the flip, why do you have an eating schedule? People are weird these days.
DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I feel like I was forced into a scene from Snow White where everyone is singing with the birds and dancing around a forest.....

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I love it when they're like that!!

DD1 looooooves fruits and veggies and it's never been a fight to get her to eat them, luckily! I will say though, the child hates hates hates tomatoes. Always has. She's even tried them numerous times and dislikes them. Oh well, can't like them all!

Ollie123
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM

My kids would choose a candy bar over fruit and veggies any day.lol

Thats why I keep very little junk in my house.(;

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
My son eats tomatoes like they are apples. We have to keep them hidden or he will eat them all! He loves veggies. I hope he stays that way. He likes junk food also so I'm not trying to be a sanctimommy or anything.

He ate almost all of my ghiradelli pepperment bark squares while I was at work yesterday : / good thing they were only .90 and we still have 4 left at work!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)