Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have i screwed up my children?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 197 Replies
1 mom liked this
my children love their TV, wii, ds, and tablets. They want to play them 24/7. I try to limit it. And through the school week they aren't allowed anything but some tv after homework is done except on weekends. My problem if they don't have that stuff they lay around and mope. Especially my son. My girls will play a little though.. they are sooo lazy... how can I fix this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
6 moms liked this

just keep your foot down, and encourage other activities, like sports, board games, books, etc. 

shudderette
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM
11 moms liked this

beat them

GhettoKoolAide
by Nuggy's Cult Mistres on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I would be taking it all away for a looooong time. I would make homeade scented play dough ( or yummy edible play dough) and some small sensors tubs. Plenty of art supplies and of course the have their toys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angel_peanut
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM

i to have this problem...girls with the computer boy with the xbox!

shudderette
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, that was my gut reaction. Really, this weekend i got sick of the electronics and made them shut them off. You'd think war world 3 just started. Holy cow. The whining, the complaining, the crying, the screaming. Wow. So instead of doing a puzzle with mom my 8 yr old spent some time in his room. A few minutes later he came out with a completely different attitude and we had a really good time doing the puzzle together :)

Quoting shudderette:

beat them

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Take them and teach them how to do other things.
elijahXmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Had to do that here

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

I would be taking it all away for a looooong time. I would make homeade scented play dough ( or yummy edible play dough) and some small sensors tubs. Plenty of art supplies and of course the have their toys.

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Chores!!!!

GhettoKoolAide
by Nuggy's Cult Mistres on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I love messy play and so does my one year old, lol.

It makes me sad to see kids who can't survive without electronics.

Quoting elijahXmom:

Had to do that here

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I thought about taking it all away but they just got their tabs for christmas.. I let them play them in the mornings till they need charges then they are done for the day. Its cold and a muddy mess outside.. they have lots of toys but bare always bored. They are 10 8 and 5
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured