Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have i screwed up my children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
my children love their TV, wii, ds, and tablets. They want to play them 24/7. I try to limit it. And through the school week they aren't allowed anything but some tv after homework is done except on weekends. My problem if they don't have that stuff they lay around and mope. Especially my son. My girls will play a little though.. they are sooo lazy... how can I fix this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM
It's your own fault really. Simply put...don't buy them any more of those things! What ever happened to using their imaginations?! My youngest ss gets bored easily because he's used to being entertained by something moving on a screen. After awhile he'll start picking on everyone then gets into trouble. A more helpful suggestion would be to try pinterest. There are TONS of ideas to get them out of their lazy funks & to stay busy & productive!
Marja2011
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM
push them out into the back yard?
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Take away all electronics so they have no choice but to get an imagination, read a book or run around outside.
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Probably.  But im fairly certain everyone is a little screwed up.  

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Teach them outdoor activities. I have a 3 yr old and I work 6days of the week so while I'm at work my mom lets him watch TV and play with his toys but its all indoors so when I have a day off we do stuff together. I do not tun on the TV at all. We are outside playing with his scooter or we just run wild. Other days I take him to indoors playground where he can play with other kids. I know it must be difficult with older kids because they want what they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM
My brother did that to his kids one day. He locked the door and left them outside til eventually they began to play with a ball lol. I guess it worked.

Quoting Marja2011:

push them out into the back yard?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha, my boys are the same way... total technophiles. Some of the other moms have it right - just stick to your guns with the time restraints and what not. They'll get used to it. Try to have other activities readily available, eventually they'll get distracted enough!

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM

take it away full time until they realize that there are other avenues of entertainment out there

superwoman8977
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

We do kindles and computer here and we limit it to educational things on them.  This way they learn and gain knowledge.

glycerinej
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I don't have any advice... my 5 yr old DD prefers outside to electronics. Good luck... maybe just put it all away for a while, they'll soon get bored w/ moping and find something to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN