Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have i screwed up my children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
my children love their TV, wii, ds, and tablets. They want to play them 24/7. I try to limit it. And through the school week they aren't allowed anything but some tv after homework is done except on weekends. My problem if they don't have that stuff they lay around and mope. Especially my son. My girls will play a little though.. they are sooo lazy... how can I fix this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Engage them....You're not really doing much to get them active are you? I don't understand why people buy all that techno-junk then bitch when their kids rely on it...

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Plan a family night...no electronics.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM

send their little asses outside and tell them they can't come back in until they have played creatively for at least 1 hour! OR ELSE!!!!

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM
And using electronics to do it..

Quoting Anonymous:

Engage them....You're not really doing much to get them active are you? I don't understand why people buy all that techno-junk then bitch when their kids rely on it...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM

My kids would be outside, even if it is cold and muddy out. This is exactly why I wouldn't buy them electronic devices when they were younger. They didn't even get cell phones until they were teens. They each have a DS, but they don't play it nonstop either.

mommadana
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I told all of my kiddos that they need to get out of the house and play.  They have coats (no snow but just in case) and they can ride their bikes and play.  If they really give me heck about it, I disconnect the cords and hide the batteries and they can earn back their games if they are that important. lol I'm a mean mommie..... I make them PLAY

Dana    
428pm
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM

If my kid wants to play games or watch tv I just let him.

NiCo86
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Are you offering them alternative activities when you tell them no to electronics? Maybe all they need is a little push. Set up art projects, or a game that they can play. I find that when I offer my son (he's 11) an alternative activity, he normally gets really in to it, and stops wanting his electronics (but we limit electronics)

cimaloreschell
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

wow sounds just like mine  It's hard expecially in the winter  I don't know during the week if they get their home work done i let them play for awhile I don't think your doing anything wrong at all.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM

no electronics for a while

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)