Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hope the EIC tax credit goes away

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For people who don't pay taxes! I'm sick of paying so much in taxes and getting crap back, yet lazy people who live off welfare get money! You shouldn't get more then you pay, how is that a REFUND? A refund would imply you paid into it. I hate seeing people bragging on here about getting $10k tax "refunds" when they pay zero into it, that's bs and why our country is in debt.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Okay so because I work and make under 47k a year I suck now? I still pay in... sure not as much as others but DH and I both pay every paycheck.

I'm pretty sure its gone after this year anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummm if you didn't work you can't claim it. Where TF do people get this shit?

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Umm, if you don't work, you're not getting a tax return.

Just sayin'.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I'm not positive, but I don't think that people who don't work can get the credit, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM

if you qualify, how much do you get per kid?  I don't believe a $10k refund is all EIC.  Most of it is probably because the taxpayer chose to have more withheld than necessary.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Its redistribution of wealth.  Take from the haves and give to the have nots.

I don't mind helping with food stamps, medical, tangible items such as those where there is at least some accountability.  People receiving the EIC can do whatever they want with these thousands of dollars they have been gifted and don't have to answer to anyone.  If we are going to have something like EIC I would rather the money go to vouchers for housings costs, or car repairs, actual needs.  kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

It isn't fair to help people who are struggling to survive?

Quoting macbudsmom:

I agree that it needs to go away or at the very least be greatly downsized.  It isn't fair and lest anyone forgot, our country is already in debt!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Who cares? It's not your money and it stimulates the economy. Stop hating on the poor people and be happy that you can afford to do things and live life without financial constraints.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Taxes are your duty. People who get refunds need the money... Grow up!

Not true.  Many EIC receipients utlize the money to go on vacation.  Disney appears to be a favorite destination.  How is that a need? 

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My ex-husband is a cop and makes six figures.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn those lazy military families, police, firefighters and teachers! They shouldn't get ANY help! What do they do for us?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM
You'd think you would be happy you don't qualify for it... But anybody who makes less than x amount can. I'd rather not qualify for it at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What about the people who do pay in to it, don't get pa and live within their means?

who pays in to the EIC?  people just pay taxes generally...then the gov't decided to use some of those taxes to pay people who have kids...either through PA or the EIC..as if the rest of us don't have kids and couldn't use the money ourselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)