Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hope the EIC tax credit goes away

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For people who don't pay taxes! I'm sick of paying so much in taxes and getting crap back, yet lazy people who live off welfare get money! You shouldn't get more then you pay, how is that a REFUND? A refund would imply you paid into it. I hate seeing people bragging on here about getting $10k tax "refunds" when they pay zero into it, that's bs and why our country is in debt.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
miss_lisa
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM
EIC is a tax credit that can be paid out to you. There are people who qualify for EIC but still end up paying into the tax system. Depending on your income and the number of kids you have it's a very real possibility that someone who qualifies and receives EIC still pays taxes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What about the people who do pay in to it, don't get pa and live within their means?

who pays in to the EIC?  people just pay taxes generally...then the gov't decided to use some of those taxes to pay people who have kids...either through PA or the EIC..as if the rest of us don't have kids and couldn't use the money ourselves.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
4 moms liked this

You agree but don't know what it is. I LOVE this group. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with your post, assuming your facts are correct.  I have to admit I know nothing about the EIC.  Who gets it?  How much is it?

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

We are getting 11,000.00 back but DH is active military and works 5 days a week 14 hours a day and works 7 days a week 14 hours a day when deployed, we pay a lot of taxed and we got a good EIC

Sparkey6987
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Wamp wamp waaaaamp...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this
People shouldnt get more then they put out in taxes.
NiCo86
1 mom liked this

My DH used to pay CS to his ex (before we got full custody). She had 3 kids by 3 different dads. She did not work. She lived solely off of child support, welfare, PFD (permanent fund dividend for alaska residence, she got 4 a year), and her tax return (how she got a return, ever, is beyond me, becasue she never worked) and she was actually making more in a year than my DH was who was working FT at decent wages!!

I agree ... I feel that tax RETURNS should only be for the people who have paid in more than they owe.

lalaboosh
2 moms liked this
Why not wish for a better economy if you're making wishes...

Oh, I know. You're a spiteful jealous person. Lol@being jealous of the poor! Hahahahahaha!
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I've never gotten it but it doesn't bother me that others do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Who cares? It's not your money and it stimulates the economy. Stop hating on the poor people and be happy that you can afford to do things and live life without financial constraints.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Taxes are your duty. People who get refunds need the money... Grow up!

Not true.  Many EIC receipients utlize the money to go on vacation.  Disney appears to be a favorite destination.  How is that a need? 

as a taxpayer, you better believe it's my money.  and every other taxpayer's

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Kids don't cost 47k a year. Haha. Why is it our problem that when we file taxes the goverment decides to give us extra money? we legally have to file and we work jobs under 47k a year. We have 2 kids that we very much pay for thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

People who WORK and make less than 47 thou a year married.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with your post, assuming your facts are correct.  I have to admit I know nothing about the EIC.  Who gets it?  How much is it?

So apparently we never qualified for it.  That's a crock.  Seriously, if you can't afford the kids, don't have them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)