Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hope the EIC tax credit goes away

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For people who don't pay taxes! I'm sick of paying so much in taxes and getting crap back, yet lazy people who live off welfare get money! You shouldn't get more then you pay, how is that a REFUND? A refund would imply you paid into it. I hate seeing people bragging on here about getting $10k tax "refunds" when they pay zero into it, that's bs and why our country is in debt.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Replies (591-596):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I totally agree! There was a time early on when we were struggling a but and now we don't qualify for EIC. But I think it is great that families who need help get it. Plus it is actually good for the economy when those families spend their tax refunds.

Quoting miss_lisa:

Dh and I got it the first couple years we had dd, It was such a HUGE help for us. We haven't qualified for it for at least 5 years and now we are part of the top 5% of taxpayers in this country. I have no issues with it. I'd rather see my tax dollars spent on helping people than a lot of other things they're spent on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
IMO, it's the ones that are lazy and enjoy living off the system usually brag the loudest about big returns. They are the ones who blow it on vacations and big ticket items, only to whine a few months later about not being able to make ends meet.
The ones who are trying to get off assistance are typically quiet about it, although they are thankful to have it to fall back on. They may buy that tv they've been looking at all year, or a small vacation, but the majority is saved or used to catch up on some bills, which still would've been paid. The extra refund is just a bonus, not counted on.
I agree that you shouldn't get more than you put in, but it's basically because of that first group that brag. I probably wouldn't think too much about it if they were all like the responsible ones.

Quoting Nikkijessie:

Why does everyone automatically assume people who recieve government assistance are lazy! There may be some people who abuse the system but the majority of those people are hard workers who can't afford a lot of things most people take for granted. Do you really think they want to live that way forever! He'll no they want to live like all the wealthy people who complain about paying taxes that help them live. If you've never had to live that way can you really say they are lazy and don't deserve a refund.

HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Pooooooow !! I love it. You nailed it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't hate just because you don't get it!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marscella
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree~ It drives me mad~ my dh and I work our asses off and barely get anything back in returns. We usually celebrate not owing!!! I don't even want to file taxes this year.

My tax preparer at H&R Block also informed me your tax returns can take anywhere from 8 days to 8 months to get back. They r going to go over everyone's taxes with a fine tooth comb this year. This in part due to the way our country is being led and decisions being made for us working class, parents with children That are separated, divorced whatever and both tying to claim the same child(ren), and Those who are faithful reciepients of PA and lie and claim grandchildren or whoever on Their taxes and who claim they were " self employed" while receiving PA and make just enough to get the EIC.

All I have to say is " Thanks" it's not enough my pay decreased January 2nd from a rise in taxes but now MY tax return could be held up bcuz of those who chose to cheat the system.

Look, I'm NOT against someone needing PA. It can be a hand up through a rough situation but when u just rely on the system to make it through and survive, it pisses me off to no end. We are seriously living in a world and time where hand outs are all to easy to get, and you almost make out more than working. Why should we have to get up every morning and get everyone ready, do the mad morning scene to get ourselves and kids off to work, school and daycare and work our asses off for a measly pay every week or two, miss time with our children, budget our $ and worry about hills and savings and the future when a " friend" of mine sleeps til fucking noon, maybe later, the kids half of the time dont make it to school bcuz shes to tired to get up and get then ready, they have steaks an ribs and shrimp to eat several times a week while we eat within our means. Then she wants to text me what a rough day she's had?!? Doing what? Nothing? Or text her food stamps were reduced by $50.00 thanks to the president and how she wishes he had to rely on food stamps to feed his children?! Come the fuck on now. And yes she and her husband r BOTH capable of working and they both lied and cheated the system last year and received $9,000.00 back ~ wtf.

My dh truck got hit and totaled his truck on interstate by another driver. We were out a vehicle, they paid off his truck, he got another for the payoff and gues what... WE GOT TAXED and screwed bcuz we had to claim That as income earned!!! What the mother fuck!

Seriously this world is going to hell
In a hand basket. FAST. Sorry~ didn't mean to go off on my little tantrum but u know what?! My dh and I combined make good $... We didn't always... We worked our Asses off and moved up the ladder and he left a 16 year job of security for a way better, higher payin job!!! If ur able to work, DO IT. Stop making fucking excuses about " well, I have one child and it'll kill me in day care costs but I'm also single so I have to stay home and watch Disney channel or give my child my brand new iPod to keep her occupied BUT MY DAY WAS SO HARD! I need a break!!!

Give me a FUCKING BREAK! Millions of ppl make sacrafices every day to better their family!! But millions also rely on food stamps, cash assistance, having more children, EIC at tax time to go blow on stupid shit, but can't pay their electric bill so they cry to places and people to pay their bills, all the while making these calls to people and places with their government Obama phones....

Ok, I have to stop... Sorry. Could say so so much more... Ugh. I might add tho there are those few who REALLY try and they do work and they work their asses off and still can't make it... THOSE few I do have sympathy for. Those few I don't mind my pay decrease all that much to help them get a better edge on life... It was like voting for dumb and dumber this year. Obama screwed us these last 4 years and ppl reflected him but Romney was fucked up too... All I know is the easier we make it for ppl. To live off PA. The worse it's gonna be. The more Obama has his say, middle class will be wiped out and it'll either be rich or poor.

Oh my God. Thanks for gettin my blood moving this morning ... I really have to stop now... ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Twofeathers
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I agree to a point. I also think the amt received back should be greatly downsized or at least alloted differently. As I said on another post, maybe setting up a monthy or quarterly payout instead of the huge allotment once a year. Also, I think whats got many of those upset about the situation as a whole is the fact that a lot of people DONT use it responsibly and then complain the rest of the year they have nothing. I would love to see more back of what I paid in, but I also make more and wouldnt change that either.

Twofeathers
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Breathe dear Breathe, In and out...now feel much better? LOL I agree with a lot of what you said. I too am not patient with the women who make every excuse not to work, whether it be "I cant trust him with the kids (but yet you chose to have them with him) or I cant find work around his schedule (there are exceptions for this) But yet, many could go to school since online classes are so prevelent these days and still refuse to do that. They just dont see how they are handicapping themselves if something drastic ever happened like say the DH, BF, SO decided to walk and leave them with the kids. Ive seen that happen to more than one mother on here and then see the retorical "what am i going to do" I want so badly to say "what could/should you have done to not be in this position?" But I realize there is a time and place for everything. Some you can help, many you cant 

Quoting marscella:

I agree~ It drives me mad~ my dh and I work our asses off and barely get anything back in returns. We usually celebrate not owing!!! I don't even want to file taxes this year.

My tax preparer at H&R Block also informed me your tax returns can take anywhere from 8 days to 8 months to get back. They r going to go over everyone's taxes with a fine tooth comb this year. This in part due to the way our country is being led and decisions being made for us working class, parents with children That are separated, divorced whatever and both tying to claim the same child(ren), and Those who are faithful reciepients of PA and lie and claim grandchildren or whoever on Their taxes and who claim they were " self employed" while receiving PA and make just enough to get the EIC.

All I have to say is " Thanks" it's not enough my pay decreased January 2nd from a rise in taxes but now MY tax return could be held up bcuz of those who chose to cheat the system.

Look, I'm NOT against someone needing PA. It can be a hand up through a rough situation but when u just rely on the system to make it through and survive, it pisses me off to no end. We are seriously living in a world and time where hand outs are all to easy to get, and you almost make out more than working. Why should we have to get up every morning and get everyone ready, do the mad morning scene to get ourselves and kids off to work, school and daycare and work our asses off for a measly pay every week or two, miss time with our children, budget our $ and worry about hills and savings and the future when a " friend" of mine sleeps til fucking noon, maybe later, the kids half of the time dont make it to school bcuz shes to tired to get up and get then ready, they have steaks an ribs and shrimp to eat several times a week while we eat within our means. Then she wants to text me what a rough day she's had?!? Doing what? Nothing? Or text her food stamps were reduced by $50.00 thanks to the president and how she wishes he had to rely on food stamps to feed his children?! Come the fuck on now. And yes she and her husband r BOTH capable of working and they both lied and cheated the system last year and received $9,000.00 back ~ wtf.

My dh truck got hit and totaled his truck on interstate by another driver. We were out a vehicle, they paid off his truck, he got another for the payoff and gues what... WE GOT TAXED and screwed bcuz we had to claim That as income earned!!! What the mother fuck!

Seriously this world is going to hell
In a hand basket. FAST. Sorry~ didn't mean to go off on my little tantrum but u know what?! My dh and I combined make good $... We didn't always... We worked our Asses off and moved up the ladder and he left a 16 year job of security for a way better, higher payin job!!! If ur able to work, DO IT. Stop making fucking excuses about " well, I have one child and it'll kill me in day care costs but I'm also single so I have to stay home and watch Disney channel or give my child my brand new iPod to keep her occupied BUT MY DAY WAS SO HARD! I need a break!!!

Give me a FUCKING BREAK! Millions of ppl make sacrafices every day to better their family!! But millions also rely on food stamps, cash assistance, having more children, EIC at tax time to go blow on stupid shit, but can't pay their electric bill so they cry to places and people to pay their bills, all the while making these calls to people and places with their government Obama phones....

Ok, I have to stop... Sorry. Could say so so much more... Ugh. I might add tho there are those few who REALLY try and they do work and they work their asses off and still can't make it... THOSE few I do have sympathy for. Those few I don't mind my pay decrease all that much to help them get a better edge on life... It was like voting for dumb and dumber this year. Obama screwed us these last 4 years and ppl reflected him but Romney was fucked up too... All I know is the easier we make it for ppl. To live off PA. The worse it's gonna be. The more Obama has his say, middle class will be wiped out and it'll either be rich or poor.

Oh my God. Thanks for gettin my blood moving this morning ... I really have to stop now... ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)