Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you consider yourself Christian????....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Even if you don't go to church and neither do you read the bible or pray ??
Or because you went there a couple of times???
Or because you have family that's Christian that go to church???

I see alot of people around me calling themselves Christians and they don't even go to church, then thres some who be calling themselves Christians because their families go to church...
My point is why would you called yourself that if you don't even have no type of relationship with god or neither have you accepted him???
I mean i was raised in church forcefully by my family growing up up until 15 yrs old.. then as i got older i stop going because it just didn't feel right going knowing i wasn't feeling the church where i was assisting or knowing i wasn't gonna pay any attention. If i go to church again someday is because deep in my heart im gonna want to have a relationship back with god. But right up until know i don't wanna call myself Christian knowing im not going to church or neither do i have a relationship with god at all.br />
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
lucsch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Being a Christian isn't about your family or church. It is about making a personal decision to accept Jesus as your Savior and a choice to follow God's plan for your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I understand some people don't go to church because they feel better doing it from home and prefer reading the bible ,pray and singing Christian songs. But i mean most of the people that be around me they don't even read the bible,neither pray or make an effort to look for god and they brag that their Christians.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in a garage makes you a car. 

camsmami
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM
It doesn't. The hardest thing about church is the hypocrisy these days. Im llucky to have a great home church. But its in Florida and Im in Tennessee. So obviously Im not in church. The church that i was saved in, i can't even watch their live feeds because its all a show anymore rather then being church.

Quoting marie2409:

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car"

I know you know people who sit in those church pews every Sunday praising God, then cheating on their spouse repeatedly and other such things. Just like there are pwople who never set foot in a church and are very "christian-like".

Never understood what being in a church building had to do with religion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
k_hall1784
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Uhhh, going to church doesn't mean you are or aren't christian.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM
You don't have to. Goto church to be christian.
camsmami
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM
How do you know what they do? Judgmental much? Don't you know that's Gods job?

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand some people don't go to church because they feel better doing it from home and prefer reading the bible ,pray and singing Christian songs. But i mean most of the people that be around me they don't even read the bible,neither pray or make an effort to look for god and they brag that their Christians.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in a garage makes you a car. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I love this answer!

Quoting camsmami:

Being a real Christian comes with so much more then just going to church. Its a whole way of life. Im a Christian and i still mess up and make mistakes. Im not perfect, but Gods love for me is. Im lucky enough to wake up to a new day each morning. I make mistakes and i may say wrong things. But luckily there's forgiveness.

Anyone that says that a "real" Christian always goes to church, should realize. Jesus spent more time in the street and in the world then he did in church.
Mommy980106
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I was just about to ask the same thing.

Quoting camsmami:

How do you know what they do? Judgmental much? Don't you know that's Gods job?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Not even all Christians believe in the Bible. It is not your place to judge anyone's walk with their deity. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Being a Christian has nothing to do with going to church. You also don't have to read the bible cover to cover to believe in its teachings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)