Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you consider yourself Christian????....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Even if you don't go to church and neither do you read the bible or pray ??
Or because you went there a couple of times???
Or because you have family that's Christian that go to church???

I see alot of people around me calling themselves Christians and they don't even go to church, then thres some who be calling themselves Christians because their families go to church...
My point is why would you called yourself that if you don't even have no type of relationship with god or neither have you accepted him???
I mean i was raised in church forcefully by my family growing up up until 15 yrs old.. then as i got older i stop going because it just didn't feel right going knowing i wasn't feeling the church where i was assisting or knowing i wasn't gonna pay any attention. If i go to church again someday is because deep in my heart im gonna want to have a relationship back with god. But right up until know i don't wanna call myself Christian knowing im not going to church or neither do i have a relationship with god at all.br />
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I'm not Christian, but everyone around here assumes I am and asks me why I don't go to church.

Aleta775
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Anyone can worship God at any time and place. As far as I know, there are no restrictions on that. 

PEEK05
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I consider myself Christian because I was baptized as a Christian after trusting that Jesus died for my sins and will be the one to save me to bring me to Heaven.

ZsMommy
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Being a Christian is knowing it in your heart and following the ways of Jesus. One does not have to attend a church to be a Christian,but it helps to be in the company of believers.

If you practice what you believe then deep down you are a Christian. If someone calls themself a Christian and totally contradicts the teachings of Jesus and does their own thing-then that's not truly being a Christian whether or not they attend a church.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM

No.

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I am at church three times a week. We're heavily involved in several ministries. So, I guess this doesn't apply to me. However, I wouldn't DARE say someone is not a Christian just because they don't go to church every week. Nor would I assume they don't read the Bible. Someone can never miss a service and never look in the Bible as well.

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Alrighty then !

superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I dont have to go to church to know I am a Christian.  I belong to a monday morning bible study but whats more important to me is having a relationship with Jesus Christ.

garnet83
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Going to church regularly (when it's by choice) is a result of being a Christian, not the cause of being a Christian.

Aleta775
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Really? Do you know what they do privately? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand some people don't go to church because they feel better doing it from home and prefer reading the bible ,pray and singing Christian songs. But i mean most of the people that be around me they don't even read the bible,neither pray or make an effort to look for god and they brag that their Christians.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in a garage makes you a car. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)