Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you consider yourself Christian????....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Even if you don't go to church and neither do you read the bible or pray ??
Or because you went there a couple of times???
Or because you have family that's Christian that go to church???

I see alot of people around me calling themselves Christians and they don't even go to church, then thres some who be calling themselves Christians because their families go to church...
My point is why would you called yourself that if you don't even have no type of relationship with god or neither have you accepted him???
I mean i was raised in church forcefully by my family growing up up until 15 yrs old.. then as i got older i stop going because it just didn't feel right going knowing i wasn't feeling the church where i was assisting or knowing i wasn't gonna pay any attention. If i go to church again someday is because deep in my heart im gonna want to have a relationship back with god. But right up until know i don't wanna call myself Christian knowing im not going to church or neither do i have a relationship with god at all.br />
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
ittybit2012
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM

It must be religion day today on CM.  Wonder what the topic du jour will be tomorrow...

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I am Christian but do not go to church often. Being Christian is about much more than church attendance,  and attendance is not a requirement. I am completely devoted to God even though I wirship Him from home.

marie2409
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Soooo much hypocrisy!! It is one reason I have never found a church I am comfortable with.

I was saved, in my home, by myself. Long story, but anywho. Some may say it "doesn't count" because it wasn't a big show in a church. But I know my relationship with God, we speak often. Just because I can't quote scripture or sing hyms doesn't make me less Christian.

(Wasn't directed at you camsmami, just was replying to you and got fired up!!)

Quoting camsmami:

It doesn't. The hardest thing about church is the hypocrisy these days. Im llucky to have a great home church. But its in Florida and Im in Tennessee. So obviously Im not in church. The church that i was saved in, i can't even watch their live feeds because its all a show anymore rather then being church.

Quoting marie2409:

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car"

I know you know people who sit in those church pews every Sunday praising God, then cheating on their spouse repeatedly and other such things. Just like there are pwople who never set foot in a church and are very "christian-like".

Never understood what being in a church building had to do with religion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I understand too what your saying but is not just going about going to church. Its about people not even praying from home or neither reading the bible or making an effort to look for god... and then they brag so much outside in the streets that their Christians...
I mean doesn't that make the real Christians that do look for god look wrong???

Quoting thetrollcat:

How does going to church sitting there staring at the wall because I cannot hear going to make me a better christian? I am deaf, you understand? I don't hear anything. I just sit there for two long boring hours shuffling around.

As for christianity, I get what you are saying and in a great deal of cases I agree, however, being a "christian" is not what gets you to heaven or brings you closer to God, or devoted to God.

I have seen many people that attend church and are the furthest away from God "thinking" they are God's devoted ones. These same people put on a "show" act all holy and falling down crying and blah blah, then when church is over its like others don't exist their behaviors are terrible.

So no, I wouldn't say church in any way makes you better christian or closer to God or devoted to your faith.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't you think is disrespectful fooling yourself and im gods eyes calling yourself Christian knowing you dont even assisting church or read the bible???

Quoting thetrollcat:

what difference does it make if I do or do not go to church? What is the point when I cannot hear anyhow?

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, but you obviously have no idea what a Christian is so maybe you might want to take some time and read your own Bible before casting those stones. 

My MIL is one of the finest Christians I know and she doesn't go to church. She can't. 

Being a Christian isn't about going to church. It's about accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and having a relationship with Jesus and following His teachings. 

Also you might want to try removing that plank. If you don't understand that part, then you definitely need to read your Bible. 

schatzi869
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Going to church does not make you a Christian. Your relationship with God makes you a Christian.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even if you don't go to church ??

Or because you went there a couple of times???

Or because you have family that's Christian that go to church???

I see alot of people around me calling themselves Christians and they don't even go to church, then thres some who be calling themselves Christians because their families go to church...

My point is why would you called yourself that if you don't even go to church???

I mean i was raised in church forcefully by my family growing up up until 15 yrs old.. then as i got older i stop going because it just didn't feel right going knowing i wasn't feeling the church where i was assisting or knowing i wasn't gonna pay any attention. If i go to church again someday is because deep in my heart im gonna want to and stay there to devote my self into church. But right up until know i don't wanna call myself Christian knowing im not going to church devoting myself.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:40 PM

church and christianity do not HAVE to go hand in hand.. christianity by definition.. very simply, is having the believe in God and Jesus Christ!

That's it! 

How you PRACTICE your faith from there, is up to you..and between only you and whatever you believe in (in this case, God).

and no, I'm not a Christian.. I do not believe in God or in Jesus Christ as the son of God. 

I'm a spiritual atheist. 

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM

No.

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I do believe in God, but I choose NOT to name by belief! I also do not attend a church and I dont believe in organized religion. Where I live Church has nothing to do with worshiping God and everything to do with your status in town. I chose to worship at home. PS in the BIble it says a church is wherever more than one person gathers in Jesus name to worship, so my home is my church!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I want to add that while many claim christianity does not mean they are claiming they are devoted to their faith. People often ask, what is your religion, you answer, christianity.

I am a christian that is my chosen faith, I do not practice like I should, and I know that, at least I own up to it. I know I could do a lot better, and become a much better christian.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)