Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you consider yourself Christian????....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Even if you don't go to church and neither do you read the bible or pray ??
Or because you went there a couple of times???
Or because you have family that's Christian that go to church???

I see alot of people around me calling themselves Christians and they don't even go to church, then thres some who be calling themselves Christians because their families go to church...
My point is why would you called yourself that if you don't even have no type of relationship with god or neither have you accepted him???
I mean i was raised in church forcefully by my family growing up up until 15 yrs old.. then as i got older i stop going because it just didn't feel right going knowing i wasn't feeling the church where i was assisting or knowing i wasn't gonna pay any attention. If i go to church again someday is because deep in my heart im gonna want to have a relationship back with god. But right up until know i don't wanna call myself Christian knowing im not going to church or neither do i have a relationship with god at all.br />
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Replies (81-85):
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I am a Christian because I believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit with all of my being.  Only my faith in Christ makes me a Christian. Nothing else I do will get me to heaven.

Speak Softly and Sweetly; Later You May Have To Eat Your Own Words
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Going to church doesn't make anyone a Christian, but accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and savour, having a personal relationship with him. The bible says not to forsake the fellowship of men, while this could be church, a bible study or praying together, encouraging eachother. It is important as a Christian to be in the Word daily because God talks to us through his Word, just like we talk to God when we pray. It's also important to be in the Word everyday because it's our sword, that equips us to fight that spiritual battle that goes on everyday. Satan hates God, his followers and especially God's Word because it has power over him. None of us are perfect, we all sin, some are stronger than others in their faith, but we should all strive do do our best when it comes to doing what's right in God's sight. It's our hearts he examines to see if we're real or not. Anyone can say they're a Christian, but that doesn't mean they are and going to church is just going through the motions if you don't live it.
chalisa0
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM

If you believe in Christ and follow His teachings, you are Christian.  Church is not required.  Nor is reading.  And it is all determined by what is in your own heart-not what anybody else (esp on here!) says.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Apparently not. lol

Quoting My-mono-twins:

When I got on CM i had no idea it would be all this....it is very entertaining!! Cant we all just get along....LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I would love to see a good debate over the best tasting food. Pictures and all. The religion debates are kind of interesting today though. lol

Quoting My-mono-twins:

LOL, ur here toooo???? I know really maybe I need to make a post!!!

Quoting ittybit2012:

It must be religion day today on CM.  Wonder what the topic du jour will be tomorrow...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM

All I can say is...the Bible talks about the gathering of the Church. However..... I have met a lot of  churchgoers who don't act like Christians anywhere else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured