Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think itll taste good what do you think?? Update

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 36 Replies
so I was going through my kitchen trying to figure out what to do for dinner we dont have much food at the moment and Im trying to avoid going to the grocery store so Im thinking of baking chicken breasts (i bake when I can because its healthier than frying) then cutting it up small and throwing it in a pan with diced tomatoes (thier canned and have basil gralic and oregano in it) and putting it over elbow noodles. It sounds good but I feel like there should be something else in it. I dont at the moment have any fresh or even canned or frozen veggies I have 1 can of mushrooms idk if that would go with it or not though? My freezer is pretty much empty i dont know what to do I wasnt planning on going to the store until tomorrow but I feel like chicken tomatoes and noodles arent enough.**** thank you to everyone who gave suggestions this is what Im doing ~ chicken breasts minced garlic tomato sauce red peppers mushrooms and diced tomatoes over garlic noodles and topped with mozz cheese heres hoping it turns out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Do you have onions?  Mushrooms would be great.  How 'bout cheese?

karraselle
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Throw the mushrooms in there and thicken the sauce with cornstarch or a flour paste if you can...Some cheese on top would be tasty, too, if you have it on hand.

All in all, it sounds yummy to me!

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I think mushrooms would be good with it. I make a similar dish and I add fresh spinach, though I try to iuse fresh tomatoes if I have them.  

indyb
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM

You don't have any veggies?  I would put the mushroom sin with the chicken and mushrooms ,  but I really like mushrooms!  Do you have any kind of bread where you can make some garlic bread to go with it or something like that?

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Any shredded cheese?   Tomato paste or sauce?   Cream of something soup (chicken?)...  frozen brocolli or spinach would be good if you have it... 

Otherwise, just season to your families tastes and go with it.

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I dont have any onions but I just realized I need to run to the dollar store so Ill see what they have there. What kind of cheese?? They have cheese at the dollar store.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Do you have onions?  Mushrooms would be great.  How 'bout cheese?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I would put it with pasta, everything is better with pasta and even better if you add the mushrooms and cooked pasta and bake it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM

It would be quicker to dice the raw breast then skillet cook it. You don't need any oil or grease, and it is just as healthy but uses less resources and time.

I tihnk it sounds good.

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I use fresh when I have it

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

I think mushrooms would be good with it. I make a similar dish and I add fresh spinach, though I try to iuse fresh tomatoes if I have them.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Get some sauce and cheese, yes to the mushrooms too and that will fill everyone up. I make things like that even when I do have plenty of options Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured