Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Living with parents.......Can't wait to leave.......I HATE IT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies

My Husband,me, and our 4 kids moved in with my parents about 2 weeks ago. My husand lost his high paying job. After months of barely making it we decided this was best.

It has not been easy. We have 3 rooms that we have to split between the 6 of us. My parents are retired so they are home all day and used to a certain life. My two younest who are home with me all day are also used to our own life. It is hard to mix 2 ways of life into 1.

Today my dad was watching the news at lunch time. My son went over to him and told him "pop we don't watch TV during food time you need to turn it off" My dad was non to happy. Today my mom had her hot coffee on the table while she was knitting and my poor baby almost got burnt. 

Last night we asked them to watch the kids while we have some alone time(sex) My mom just laughed and told me to keep my legs shut.

My dad seems to forget that we have kids that need to get up for school. He likes to get his shower at 11pm. It wakes my 2 oldest up. He won't switch it up.

My parents say Its not our house we cant tell them what to do. I say they need to change things up. 

WWYD??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Just be thankful you have your parents to fall back on in a time like this. This happened to me and my dh several years ago. Both of his are dead and so are mine, it was a long and difficult road.

momma2mms
by Kristin on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

It's their house.

YoMama33
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
It's their house. They may be assholes, but it's still their house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Well.. You can't expect them to change things because you fell on hard times. It's their house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure your parents aren't exactly thrilled about it either.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

It IS their house and you are going to have to accommodate them, not the other way around. It would be nice if they could change things to be more convenient, but you cannot demand it.

km1970
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Quoting momma2mms:

It's their house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I just need to have respect for my family.

Quoting MommyLehr:

Well.. You can't expect them to change things because you fell on hard times. It's their house.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM
4 moms liked this

I wouldn't burden my parents like that.

You are in their house, you have to adjust to their way of life. It is incredibly rude to expect your parents to change their whole lives for you.

CafeMom Tickers
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe you need to have respect for them! You're lucky they are letting your whole family live in their house. Quit bitching and be thankful!

Quoting Anonymous:

I just need to have respect for my family.

Quoting MommyLehr:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured