Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WASHINGTON STATE MOMS, come in here!!!

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 104 Replies

Hi everyone,

I was born and raised in Florida. That is where I live with my SO and our 2 year old son... To be honest, it is a love/hate relationship but I do not want to raise my kid here. I am ready to go somewhere new! I have my heart set on Washington state and I just want to hear opinions, stories, etc. Tell me where in Wa. you live ( you don't have to, lol ) and what it is like. Just looking at the prices for some homes in Tacoma, Spokane, etc. It looks to be affordable compared to what I am used to! Not to mention, beautiful! Work isn't an issue because I work from home and can take it with me, but I'd still love to hear about the economy, job opportunities. What is the school system like? Just tell me anything/everything! lol. Thanks ladies.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhiannon92
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Bump :)

Rhiannon92
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Bumpity :)

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I've lived in the Seattle area, Spokane, and am now in a rural community smack dab in the middle of the two. The coastal side is definitely more expensive, but job opportunities are abundant. I'd stay away from Spokane. It's a dying community. The economy has hit it really hard and every time I've been up to visit I've noticed many more closed businesses, etc. The malls are mostly empty stores. Spokane is also kinda crappy in the school area, though there are plenty of good schools in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Personally, I love the quieter rural life where I'm at now, but job opportunities are scarce and schools are limited. 

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:41 PM
:) I live in Olympia and I love it. Although it's pretty much all I know, lol. It's an eclectic community with lots of good food and art.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Got my hat there. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon92
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Does it ever really snow on the coastal side? That is the main reason I was looking at Spokane instead of Tacoma.. My SO really wants to be where it snows. lol. I was just under the impression it mostly rains on the coast in Wa.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I've lived in the Seattle area, Spokane, and am now in a rural community smack dab in the middle of the two. The coastal side is definitely more expensive, but job opportunities are abundant. I'd stay away from Spokane. It's a dying community. The economy has hit it really hard and every time I've been up to visit I've noticed many more closed businesses, etc. The malls are mostly empty stores. Spokane is also kinda crappy in the school area, though there are plenty of good schools in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Personally, I love the quieter rural life where I'm at now, but job opportunities are scarce and schools are limited. 

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in the south sound area. It's beautiful. The forests, mountains, rivers and even desert like nature east, it's all very accessible and fun. I love it. Fresh seafood too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I live 40 minutes from WA state. :) my friends never complain about living there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM

It mostly rains. SOMETIMES there are a couple inches of snow, but it's not packing snow. Spokane is a nice place if you already have jobs lined up. The benefit of somewhere like Spokane is that there is CHEAP housing right now. I don't know if the economy will make a comeback. I'm optimistic. 

Quoting Rhiannon92:

Does it ever really snow on the coastal side? That is the main reason I was looking at Spokane instead of Tacoma.. My SO really wants to be where it snows. lol. I was just under the impression it mostly rains on the coast in Wa.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

Rhiannon92
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)