Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone ever gotten prego after SO vasectomy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Im getting ready to go to ob. I had no period in dec. except I did spot 1 xmas ever overnight that was it. So Im terrified. I took 2 neg tests 7 days ago. So I am hoping Im just having some other issue.
Wish me luck...
I DO NOT WANT TO BE PREGO!!!!!
I have 5 kids, 12 SDS, 9DS, 4Ds,3DDand my LAST 2DD.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM
DH' s cousin said she did. Turns out the baby belongs to her husband's brothers.
Good luck, Maybe it's just stress.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM
omg I hope....

Quoting Anonymous:

DH' s cousin said she did. Turns out the baby belongs to her husband's brothers.

Good luck, Maybe it's just stress.

FIREFOX1336
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Good luck! We just got the go ahead thy his vasectomy worked last Friday, I'd freak if I ended up pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VeggieRunnerMom
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Hubby had 1 .....12 yrs ago......no baby here even with  A LOT of prayer for one on my part ;)

How long ago was the V?
Did he ever get check after it for sperm count?

I think those are the common reason for a pregnancy after a V 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Dh had his about a year ago and nope. Actually never even crosses my mind. I have never known anyone who had.

jakesmom323
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I'm having pregnancy symptoms and just the only time in my life I hope it's the flu. We are using condoms during the 19 times before he gets his sperm tested. How ironic would it be to get a vasectomy and use a condom and get pregnant! I hope you are not as well;) Keep us posted.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
keeler_s
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Not yet and kinda hoping not ever since we hav 4 munchkins. Dh got his in 2010
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyanne66
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Yes, it has happened occasionally.  Definitely a good thing for guys to get checked a few times after their surgery but of course men (including one particularly close to me -- ha ha), do not love to go back to the doctor's office to be put in a little room to "do the deed" by themselves and so they forego those little checkups.  Gosh, if men had to be pregnant, go through all the appointments, have their legs spread and in stirrups and then push out a baby with 12 people in the room, I don't think the human race would still be going so strong.  Ha ha.

Of course, I did know someone whose DH had a V (but at the time I didn't know) and she got pregnant and I was all over her like "Oh my gosh, I am so happy for you guys -- that is so exciting....we'll be having our babies around the same time" Etc. etc. etc.  I went on and on and on congratulating them only to find out about a year later that I must have been the only idiot in town who didn't know he had a V and that she had an affair and got pregnant.  Open mouth, insert foot....many times over.  Oh well, at least she knew I wasn't a gossip since I didn't know and apparently everyone else did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)