Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Today Is My Three Year Anniversary Of When I Quit Smoking.

Posted by   + Show Post

It has been hard, but I'm not going back. I can't ruin all that time I have put into it. If anyone used to smoke, how long has it been, since you quit?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Replies (41-45):
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I quit cold turkey as well.  I honestly think it's the best way :)

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting CeeGee81:

Thank you, same to you :)

I'm not sure if you said in your earlier replies......how did you quit?

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting CeeGee81:

Congratulations!!!!!  It is a HUGE accomplishment. 

April will mark my 3 yr anni of quitting smoking :)  I can honestly say that I will never, ever smoke again!  :)

I'm right with you. Congratulations to you too. I hope you and your family have a very happy 2013.

I smoked for thirty seven years. My son kept begging me to quit and I tried dozens of times. Finally I knew I couldn't do that to him anymore, so I told him that I was going to smoke for one more day and then I was going to quit. I know they say that you have to quit things for yourself, but I quit for him. Even though his wife was and is still smoking, he would get upset with me. He told me he couldn't live without me. I felt really good about that and bad at the same time, that he didn't try to get his wife to quit too, but I knew I couldn't hurt him anymore and I quit cold turkey, three years ago and have never come close to smoking again, even though there have been times it was hard. I would just go and so something else to get my mind off of it.

momof2891
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Good for you! I wish my husband would quit. I used to smoke when I was stressed out but I have found better and healthier ways to handle my stress. Keep up the good work! Your body will thank you for it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CeeGee81:

I quit cold turkey as well.  I honestly think it's the best way :)

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting CeeGee81:

Thank you, same to you :)

I'm not sure if you said in your earlier replies......how did you quit?

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting CeeGee81:

Congratulations!!!!!  It is a HUGE accomplishment. 

April will mark my 3 yr anni of quitting smoking :)  I can honestly say that I will never, ever smoke again!  :)

I'm right with you. Congratulations to you too. I hope you and your family have a very happy 2013.

I smoked for thirty seven years. My son kept begging me to quit and I tried dozens of times. Finally I knew I couldn't do that to him anymore, so I told him that I was going to smoke for one more day and then I was going to quit. I know they say that you have to quit things for yourself, but I quit for him. Even though his wife was and is still smoking, he would get upset with me. He told me he couldn't live without me. I felt really good about that and bad at the same time, that he didn't try to get his wife to quit too, but I knew I couldn't hurt him anymore and I quit cold turkey, three years ago and have never come close to smoking again, even though there have been times it was hard. I would just go and so something else to get my mind off of it.

I think it's the only way I could. I tried so many times, other ways and I couldn't do it. I quit cold turkey for my son and I was shocked that I made myself quit for him. He is so happy. He never thought I would be able to do it.

LuvsHopesDreams
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:57 PM

It's been all of 6 days.  I can't even imagine what being quit that long would be like.  Congratulations!

Whisperywind
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

It was hard at the very beginning. The biggest part was how tired I felt. Then I felt like a kid again and felt sooooo much better that I would NEVER even go back to it. Not even at a time of great stress. I wish I hadnt started when I was 16. Sooo incredibly stupid but the damage was done and all I can do is move forward :)

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Whisperywind:

Congrats! My 3 years was in October!

Thank you and Congratulations to you too. Has it been hard for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)