Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

So I will be marrying my fiance in August. He is 10 years older then me ( he will be 37 on the 24th and I will be 27 in Feb.) he had a vasectomy when his youngest was 9 months old when her mother told him he would never see his kids again.  He finally has money to get a lawyer to fight custody again as he is supposed to have joint custody but she has refused to allow him in his kids life for several years. His youngest will be 14  his oldest will be 17. My dd is 4 going to be 5 so major age difference between all the kiddos. He pays child support and has been trying to talk to his kids and see them this entire time she went off the grid so to speak and moves and no one would tell him where his kids were. She lost custody of the kids due to some forgery issues and her dad has custody of the kids since they lied and said he doesnt have joint custody of the kids. We found all this out in the last 6 months so now its getting a lawyer and showing the proof and all that to get the kids which is what he wants he wants to be in thier life and be their dad. 

the advice i need is ..how anyone has dealt with the situation of being a stepmom to teenagers... the girl is open to having him in her life the other two.. both boys are major mama's boys ( not a bad thing) but their mom and grandpa has talked shit about my fiance since the beginning meaning they have a low opinion of their father. They were told he never wanted them that he walked out and never pays child support * both are lies considering before we dated he said straight up he has kids and was trying to get them back in his life after everything and I have seen all documents concerning the custody and child support. 

He loves his kids and loves my daughter whose own father wants nothing to do wth her. he is a good man and I want his kids to be welcome in our home and feel welcome no matter what but Ive never had any step kids so any advice would be awesome

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured