Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when do u take suicidal talk seriously

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My bf has a drug addiction and has been really depressed. we are pretty much on the verge of a breakup and he is saying he is done with life. i am worried for his life. should i call to get him admitted in the hospital, one of our hospital takes suicidal people
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Bump
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Go with your gut. From my understanding they will evaluate him and if hes a threat they will commit him. Good luck hun!
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Always take it seriously. Even if it turns out to be a false alarm, it's better safe than sorry.

My 15-yr old attempted suicide 2x's in November and spent the entire month in a psychiatric hospital.

You would have to call the police and tell them he's suicidal or take him to the hospital. You can't have him put on a psychiatric hold; he has to do that.

Good luck. I hope that everything works out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Can u call an officer to take them or do u have to yourself

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Go with your gut. From my understanding they will evaluate him and if hes a threat they will commit him. Good luck hun!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Thanx when i get home from work tonight i am gonna call if he still is talking like that

Quoting MichLW69:

Always take it seriously. Even if it turns out to be a false alarm, it's better safe than sorry.

My 15-yr old attempted suicide 2x's in November and spent the entire month in a psychiatric hospital.

You would have to call the police and tell them he's suicidal or take him to the hospital. You can't have him put on a psychiatric hold; he has to do that.

Good luck. I hope that everything works out.

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM
You ALWAYS take it seriously. You can call 911 and they will send an ambulance out. You can also call a crisis hotline.
KeriAZ
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM
If he says anything to the cops abt wanting to hurt himself then he HAS to go to hosp. He loses the right to refuse. As an EMT I have dealt with many who want to die. They will be held for 72hrs
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM
What does a crisis hotline do if i call and not him, when im off work should i call 911 or just the normal police dept number. i am worried he is gonna purposely overdose himself when i get off work or nxt time he gets on some drugs

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

You ALWAYS take it seriously. You can call 911 and they will send an ambulance out. You can also call a crisis hotline.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Ok when i get home tonight should i call 911 or just the regular police number

Quoting KeriAZ:

If he says anything to the cops abt wanting to hurt himself then he HAS to go to hosp. He loses the right to refuse. As an EMT I have dealt with many who want to die. They will be held for 72hrs

darnette
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Yes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)