Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Proud black woman.....*ETA*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So we are in the store and my 3 year old is always asking "what's that?" He says it to people or toys....whatever.

There was a black lady beside us and my son said "what's that?" Apparently she was offended cause she looks at him and says "I am a proud black woman" I said that's nice and walked off

I mean he was three.....

***she wasn't nice when she said it and he meant to say who not what but that's just how he says it right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Replies (131-140):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Ok. Lol

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

SMH! You need to educate your child if he calls a person a 
"WHAT" at 3 period. He should know What a person is at 2-3... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. He has only been 3 for a month. I didn't realize the second he turned 3 that should immediately stop.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I would understand calling a person a "WHAT" at 1-2 but at 3. You need to educate him.. Seriously???????

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol he says it to white people too. My post doesn't say he says it to only blacks.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Umm.. I don't know why your child would even do that?

I have 3 little white boys but they didn't point out other people of race and ask "Whats that?"

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM

calm down before you blow a gasket or something, girl. Jeez. Not all kids learn at the same rate, did you ever think of that? Good grief you act like he called her the N word or something...he pointed and said "what's that" after pointing to 100 other things and asking "what's that". Not a big deal.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. He has only been 3 for a month. I didn't realize the second he turned 3 that should immediately stop.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I would understand calling a person a "WHAT" at 1-2 but at 3. You need to educate him.. Seriously???????

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol he says it to white people too. My post doesn't say he says it to only blacks.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I have 3 little white boys but they didn't point out other people of race and ask "Whats that?"

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM

yeah i agree. lets all be proud to be human.

Quoting Sparkey6987:

What's wrong with being proud? I think everyone should be proud of who they are. Not bashing, just disagreeing. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

how come black women do that anyway?

like when will you ever hear a white girl saying "i'm a PROUD white woman!"

it just sounds stupid.

like seriously. you are human, female, and bleed red. wtf else matters?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Geez, what an IGNORANT BLACK WOMEN.
ethans_momma06
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I actually decided to look up the specifics of a childs language development, just for you. A child who just turned three will still fit into these areas (generally)

"A 3-year-old's vocabulary typically is 200 or more words, and many kids can string together 3 or 4 word sentences." Yep. Still at 4 word sentences, and in a vocabulary of 200 words, you can bet that "who" is not at the top of the list, and even if the kid KNEW it, it would be totally normal to confuse it with "what"

http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/communication/comm_2_to_3.html#

2 1/2 Year Old:

• Expressive vocabulary of 500 words
  • Can ask simple questions (i.e. What’s that?)
  • Uses pronouns “I, me, my, you”
  • Understands concepts “in/on/under”, “big/little”

3 Years Old:

Beginning to ask questions (mostly “what” and “who”)

http://www.speechtreeidaho.com/typical-speech-and-language-development.html

So, yeah. Actually COMPLETELY normal for that age. Gosh darn typical some might say. So yeah. SERIOUSLY.

Grumpylilpixy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM

She needs to get him out of the house more..I would be offended.

Quoting VannaMae307:

calm down before you blow a gasket or something, girl. Jeez. Not all kids learn at the same rate, did you ever think of that? Good grief you act like he called her the N word or something...he pointed and said "what's that" after pointing to 100 other things and asking "what's that". Not a big deal.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Grumpylilpixy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't care what you pulled up! My children didn't call peoples "WHATS" at 3. Even my autistic child...  

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I actually decided to look up the specifics of a childs language development, just for you. A child who just turned three will still fit into these areas (generally)

"A 3-year-old's vocabulary typically is 200 or more words, and many kids can string together 3 or 4 word sentences." Yep. Still at 4 word sentences, and in a vocabulary of 200 words, you can bet that "who" is not at the top of the list, and even if the kid KNEW it, it would be totally normal to confuse it with "what"

http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/communication/comm_2_to_3.html#

2 1/2 Year Old:

• Expressive vocabulary of 500 words
  • Can ask simple questions (i.e. What’s that?)
  • Uses pronouns “I, me, my, you”
  • Understands concepts “in/on/under”, “big/little”

3 Years Old:

Beginning to ask questions (mostly “what” and “who”)

http://www.speechtreeidaho.com/typical-speech-and-language-development.html

So, yeah. Actually COMPLETELY normal for that age. Gosh darn typical some might say. So yeah. SERIOUSLY.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

ethans_momma06
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Personally, *I* find ignorance on typical child development offensive. The difference between the 3 year old and you, is that the 3 year old can't help it. YOU, on the other hand... yeah. You should totally know better.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

She needs to get him out of the house more..I would be offended.

Quoting VannaMae307:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Beth3721
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I wonder what would happen if I shouted out "I'm a proud white woman!" in a store sometime

2girlsYES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:12 PM
It happens

When my oldest was three, we were at a store and the was an Amish man standing in front of us my daughter said really REALLY loud
"LOOK AT THAT COWBOY MOM - his hat is SSOOOO big"

Ugh lol I was a tad embarrassed lol
The man was nice, turned around, smiled & tipped his hat to her :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured