Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proud black woman.....*ETA*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So we are in the store and my 3 year old is always asking "what's that?" He says it to people or toys....whatever.

There was a black lady beside us and my son said "what's that?" Apparently she was offended cause she looks at him and says "I am a proud black woman" I said that's nice and walked off

I mean he was three.....

***she wasn't nice when she said it and he meant to say who not what but that's just how he says it right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM
5 moms liked this

I get that the child is three and doesn't know better, but if you don't correct him, he won't know better. When my child says something rude, I don't care how old they are, I reprimand them and tell them how to say it politely. She had a right to be offended, you could have just apologized and explained.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

The way you responded didn't make anything better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
What was she supposed to say? Lol

Quoting lnrmom:

Your response to her was bitchy. She responded appropriately in an uncomfortable situation. And you said "that's nice"? Seriously? Wow.
KaylasMama11
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

he is just a baby I don't get why she would have got offended or was rude to a child that's just ridiculous.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Hopefully you took the opportunity to discuss etiquette with your child.  It was definitely a teachable moment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I do correct him. If she would have talked to him like a 3 year old I wouldn't have been like that.

Quoting LucyHarper:

I get that the child is three and doesn't know better, but if you don't correct him, he won't know better. When my child says something rude, I don't care how old they are, I reprimand them and tell them how to say it politely. She had a right to be offended, you could have just apologized and explained.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Are you racist? Or do you just not let your kids play around black ppl or do you not have diversity around you?

My child has never pointed out a black person, let alone say something like that.
mary841108
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM
2 moms liked this

people are stupid, i mean was she really offened by a THREE year old? she needs to remove the stick thats up her ass!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM

lol my 3 year old says "who is that?" for everything. Objects and people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM
He says it to white people too. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you racist? Or do you just not let your kids play around black ppl or do you not have diversity around you?

My child has never pointed out a black person, let alone say something like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)