Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proud black woman.....*ETA*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So we are in the store and my 3 year old is always asking "what's that?" He says it to people or toys....whatever.

There was a black lady beside us and my son said "what's that?" Apparently she was offended cause she looks at him and says "I am a proud black woman" I said that's nice and walked off

I mean he was three.....

***she wasn't nice when she said it and he meant to say who not what but that's just how he says it right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Don't you have something better to do then put yet another post about race on here it's not that serious
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I agree with this!

Quoting mary841108:

people are stupid, i mean was she really offened by a THREE year old? she needs to remove the stick thats up her ass!

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Start with "she is a who not a what" maybe. Or say "that is a pretty lady". The possibilities are endless.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM

You're ridiculous. Little kids point and ask questions. My 3 year old points at everyone and asks who is that. If she happens to point at a black person then who cares.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you racist? Or do you just not let your kids play around black ppl or do you not have diversity around you?

My child has never pointed out a black person, let alone say something like that.

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM
5 moms liked this

Talked to him like a three year old? She did, all she did was answer his question, she didn't curse him out or insult him or use complicated language. What did you want her to say. He was rude, you didn't correct him, so she has a right to think poorly of you and be offended.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do correct him. If she would have talked to him like a 3 year old I wouldn't have been like that.

Quoting LucyHarper:

I get that the child is three and doesn't know better, but if you don't correct him, he won't know better. When my child says something rude, I don't care how old they are, I reprimand them and tell them how to say it politely. She had a right to be offended, you could have just apologized and explained.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Kids say the best things, how would you have answered him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Oh geez, good for her being a proud black woman, I consider myself to just being a woman and happy with the person I am. It seems she took offense to a 3 year old asking a question like all 3 year olds do. As if a 3 year old is gonna know what a proud back woman means right? lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Right, she said "that's nice" to the woman, your suggested responses were to the child. I agree that mom should have corrected him, but what else could she have said to the lady?

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Start with "she is a who not a what" maybe. Or say "that is a pretty lady". The possibilities are endless.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Me too!

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with this!

Quoting mary841108:

people are stupid, i mean was she really offened by a THREE year old? she needs to remove the stick thats up her ass!

eoewan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM

This goes along the lines of what my ds did when he was 3. We were walking and a Sikh gentleman was walking towards us. My son pipes up with, "Look Mum, a Genie!" He was so excited. The gentleman just smiled as he walked past. Some people are too uptight when it comes to children thinking that they should have adult reasoning skills.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)