Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proud black woman.....*ETA*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So we are in the store and my 3 year old is always asking "what's that?" He says it to people or toys....whatever.

There was a black lady beside us and my son said "what's that?" Apparently she was offended cause she looks at him and says "I am a proud black woman" I said that's nice and walked off

I mean he was three.....

***she wasn't nice when she said it and he meant to say who not what but that's just how he says it right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Replies (61-70):
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Darlin, he was incredibly rude. If a three year old said what is that about me I'd be livid. People are not things. You need to break him of that immediately. "He is three" is not an excuse. Start correcting him. And you should've been correcting him.
gemikris82
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:58 PM

thats nothing, when i was 5ish, my mom and i were in the toy section.  i wanted a doll.  and i said really loudly, i only see brown ones, i dont want a brown one.  my mom just ignored it and told me that she like tore apart the shelf to find me a doll i want so i would shut up.  she was humiliated to say the least

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:59 PM
You apparently didn't read my post. I said he says it to people. No where did I just say black people.

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Has he never been around black people before? Where did you keep him for 3 years that he never seen a black person?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I do correct him.

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Darlin, he was incredibly rude. If a three year old said what is that about me I'd be livid. People are not things. You need to break him of that immediately. "He is three" is not an excuse. Start correcting him. And you should've been correcting him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM
It's ok I'm just annoyed with the whole black this white that. The world has more to it than that

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry read it wrong. This is my first post today though :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Never said it was if you read my response

Quoting Anonymous:

How is this racist?

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't you have something better to do then put yet another post about race on here it's not that serious
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
She could have said "I'm sorry he's hit that 'WHAT IS'everything stage."

Not everyone is used to being around kids. Some people never have, believe it or not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Right, she said "that's nice" to the woman, your suggested responses were to the child. I agree that mom should have corrected him, but what else could she have said to the lady?

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Start with "she is a who not a what" maybe. Or say "that is a pretty lady". The possibilities are endless.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM
We do. He is getting better at not pointing and stuff :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. I would've asked her why she was so defensive. No need to get angry with a young child who is randomly pointing (btw, you may want to teach him not to point, some find it rude ;) ). 

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
You'd be livid? With a 3 year old? Lmfao!

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

You should have apologized. While she reacted poorly, so did you. And you were worsr imo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I don't blame u. He says what's that to any race but this was the first time I got that type of response. Luckily he is doing better. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

It's ok I'm just annoyed with the whole black this white that. The world has more to it than that

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry read it wrong. This is my first post today though :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Never said it was if you read my response

Quoting Anonymous:

How is this racist?

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't you have something better to do then put yet another post about race on here it's not that serious
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN