Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

RAPE!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 174 Replies
18 moms liked this

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:39 PM

old timers believe this, that they cannot control themselves.  I was talking to my elderly cousin recently(in her 70s) and she was talking about how the High School girls dress trashy, etc... She said she does not know how the boys can control themselves and she feels sorry for the boys.  I was shocked, but that is the mindset of the older people and some people today.  They still believe the woman asked for it.

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:39 PM

i absolutely love love love this!!!

ElitestJen
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM
3 moms liked this

Ugh.

Men should be offended at whatever offends them.  

What is WITH people demanding that people think a certain way?

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that's BS.  I don't think that teaching women to protect themselves from actual rapists means that all men are potential rapists.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Not all men are rapists or misogynists: some are. Why take the chance by acting a certain way, going to certain places and wearing certain things?

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Yeah and it should apply to muslim men who expect women must cover their head, arms and legs in order to be modest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:45 PM
3 moms liked this

Who said all men are like that?  The post doesn't even suggest that. 

If I walk around butt ass naked that doesn't mean someone should lose control & rape me.

It is never the victims fault, sad that you place blame on them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all men are rapists or misogynists: some are. Why take the chance by acting a certain way, going to certain places and wearing certain things?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Nobody said all men are rapists.

Says men should be offended that all we do is teach women to prevent rape, change ourselves & what we do & who we dress bc they can't control themselves.  So many men should be offended by that. 

My very own husband gets irritated that people believe men can't control themselves so women should change their behavior.  I'm glad my husband gets it.

Quoting anotherhalf:

I think that's BS.  I don't think that teaching women to protect themselves from actual rapists means that all men are potential rapists.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:48 PM

It is very sad & sadly many won't get the point of this post.

Quoting littlelamb303:

old timers believe this, that they cannot control themselves.  I was talking to my elderly cousin recently(in her 70s) and she was talking about how the High School girls dress trashy, etc... She said she does not know how the boys can control themselves and she feels sorry for the boys.  I was shocked, but that is the mindset of the older people and some people today.  They still believe the woman asked for it.

maureen813
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM

In the Catholic church, the message was that girls should always dress and behave modestly as boys and men were weak!! True story, my friend attended parochial school in the late 1960"s and the nuns made the girls cover up their arms as she believed they were occasions of sin .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)