Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HPV vaccine... *Small edit*

Posted by   + Show Post

My stepson was due for shots - TWO of them - in order to return to school. I can't remember what the two shots were, but he ended up getting six. One of the six was the HPV vaccine.

Just FYI: I did not take him to get his shots, his BM did. DH & I do not vaccinate our children together. We did until the age of 3 when one suddenly had extreme signs of aggression & still struggles with it. Our 6 year old twins were vaccinated until 3, our 4 year old until 1, and our almost 2 year old has had no shots.

Anyway, when BM dropped him off after getting his shots, she told me how many he got. My jaw dropped, four shots that were not required for him to return to school were given to him - I'm really wishing I would have just written a letter saying we no longer vaccinate, but it's too late for that. So he got a chicken pox booster, and the HPV. I'm not sure what others he got, but those are the 'extras' that she told me about. The first thing out of my mouth was "Gardasil, you got him the Gardasil shot?!!?" She immediately looked appauled and said "NO!" .... I've been researching since I got home this evening (I had a long day at the hospital with one of the twins), and the only shot I can find for boys is, in fact, gardasil.

There have been a lot of deaths and serious life altering side effects because of this shot. I'm devestated by the fact that she unnecessarily gave her son (a child who has lived in my home and been a part of my life for almost 8 years, and I raise everyday) a shot that she had no idea what it was.

What is your stance on Gardasil? Is it something you would give your child? Especially a 12 year old who isn't even interested in the opposite sex?

BM texted me today to ask if SS was okay. I told her he has had headaches for the last two days, but that I didn't know how he was today since DH gets him off for school & I sleep with the littles til' they get up. "Okay thanks. I read up on the shot and the paralysis it may cause and don't want him to be worried about it. I believe we worry about it enough." was what she said in response. I think she's a bit worried about it now that she realizes that she gave him this specific shot without even thinking about what it was. She just assumed they wouldn't give him something dangerous? What, like wheat isn't dangerous to his body, and you continue to give it to him? ... Whatever, I'm really irritated.

My actions do not just affect my life, but also the lives of those that depend on me. Therefore, I choose to make good decisions, ones that will have a positive impact on the lives I've been given to raise up.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Replies (381-390):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Quoting truetigress:

I have vaccinated  ( the required shots) both of my girls but I am in PURE TERROR over this Gardasil shot. So they think it is safe for most but what about those who die from it....and they would be 12 flippin years old. No way in hell would I put my child's life in danger because of some shot which has killed and harmed too many to be on the damn shelf in the first place!

Do NOT get it! It DOES NOT prevent cancer as the govt claims. 

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:35 AM

That would really piss me off.  My family doc wouldn't DARE do this, but I hear peds are a real trip.  Never used one and I am SO glad. The family doctor knows the history of 3 generations of my family, and how we react.  Plus all members of the family see him. 

Consider a family doctor if you have some lowlife attempting to slip things in without INFORMED consent (which is a joke...when do they ever inform you of all you will find when you research). 

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I know every time I take my teens for their shots they try to sneak this one in and it pisses me off.  I do vax and always have but now my girls are 16 and can decide what they want and they don't want it.  I never researched it or anything...I know no one has anything good to say about it...but I guess they have and they don't want it...so why in the hell try to SNEAK it in?  EVERYTIME!!!   Can't they put that info into their charts or something?  DAMN it!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:36 AM
The whole first page there's only 2 deaths allegedly related to the vaccine. All the rest are unrelated. Smh.

Quoting momofmany86:

This link shows the deaths related to Gardasil.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Ah, another highly articulate poster. 

You might want to actually READ the CDC site as well as the VAERS site. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Bull. Shit. Stupid FUCK!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

At least 100 girls have died after the gardasil shots, some within hours, some a few days, none of them took very long.  Gardasil is also being falsly adveritsed, it is not a cervical cancer vaccine, it is a vaccine that supposedly protects against 4 of the several forms of HPV that may (or may not) be linked to cancer.  You would have to kill me before I allowed anyone to inject that poison into my children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Two of my four sons have ahd the Gardasil vaccine. One is 17 and has had the first two, and the other is 13 and has had the first two also. 

My 17 yr didn't care weather or not he got the vaccine. His father explained to him what it covers and why they have finally approved it with our insurance for boys to be vaccinated. He said sure, however he plans on a military career so there will be plenty of vaccines in his future. 

My 13 yr old took more talk. He loves boobies, and will run to save the ta-ta's... but explaining to him the the cervix will be just as important to him down the road took more work. In the end he understood that even though he can't get the disease himself, he finally understood why his father and I felt it was necessary. 

Our office has the kids sit for 20 min. following the vaccine and that has cut down on the dizzyness/passing out greatly. 

Soooo.... basically you LIED to them?

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Please elaborate as to how my comment was uneducated.

I've gone through half of nursing school, my mother is a nurse, I have many friends in the medical field ranging  from CNAs such as myself to MDs. Based off of all of the information I have gathered from all of my friends in the field, some of which have opted against this (and sometimes more than this one) vaccination and shared their reasons why, I still have chosen it for myself and my child/ren once they're of age.

I've put a lot of thought into the decisions I've made for myself as well as my child and I still feel comfortable with this vaccination.

If you don't agree, that is fine. We do not have to agree. But you should at least respect my opinion enough to avoid insulting my intelligence in any way just because you disagree with me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sugarcrisp:

I'm not reading this entire thread as I've educated myself on the vaccination and I'm merely answering your questions, OP.

I got the vaccination 11 months ago. No side effects. I know that vaccinations and medications can cause issues with some and nothing with others. It's touch and go. That said, yes. My children will be receiving the vaccination at some point, but I'll probably wait until they've admitted to being sexually active or, in my preferance, when they start thinking of becoming sexually active. In one fell swoop we'll be getting them on BC, condoms, and the vaccination.

No you didnt "educate" yourself on the vaccine, otherwise you would'nt have made such a stupid uneducated comment. Here's a thought, try thinking for yourself instead of believing everything the govt tells you.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Not just you as it's many here this comment is aimed to, but I don't understand the fear.

'They might die.'

Yeah, and? Any time you leave your house with your child, every time you feed them a new food (or they develop an allergy to something later in childhood), every time you allow them to vaccinated with ANYTHING... You are taking the risk of them dying.

I developed a life threatening allergy to two foods that I had never had issues with before. My son could develop a life threatening allergy to anything he has no problems with right now. I don't have an epi-pen so I wouldn't be able to help him. But I took the risk feeding him that day.

*a lot of that was said with sarcasm btw lol*

People speak of this vaccination like it's killed a majority of those who have gotten it and that simply is not the case.

Quoting truetigress:

I have vaccinated  ( the required shots) both of my girls but I am in PURE TERROR over this Gardasil shot. So they think it is safe for most but what about those who die from it....and they would be 12 flippin years old. No way in hell would I put my child's life in danger because of some shot which has killed and harmed too many to be on the damn shelf in the first place!

CassaNova
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:29 AM
I know quite a few women that after getting the gardasil shot had abnormal paps yrs/mths later. No thx
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:05 AM

it mite not have killed per se a majoritiy or people, but a majority of people ARE injured from this....and when YOUR child suffers and adverse reaction to a vaccine, come back on here and tell us how much fun it is, or tell us how much in denial about it you are about it. .  

And taking a risk with a food allergy is NOT NOT NOT the same as taking a risk with a vaccine...there's NO comparison at all!   And, how do you know YOUR food allergies are NOT caused by latent reaction to a vaccine?   

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Not just you as it's many here this comment is aimed to, but I don't understand the fear.

'They might die.'

Yeah, and? Any time you leave your house with your child, every time you feed them a new food (or they develop an allergy to something later in childhood), every time you allow them to vaccinated with ANYTHING... You are taking the risk of them dying.

I developed a life threatening allergy to two foods that I had never had issues with before. My son could develop a life threatening allergy to anything he has no problems with right now. I don't have an epi-pen so I wouldn't be able to help him. But I took the risk feeding him that day.

*a lot of that was said with sarcasm btw lol*

People speak of this vaccination like it's killed a majority of those who have gotten it and that simply is not the case.

Quoting truetigress:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)