Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HPV vaccine... *Small edit*

Posted by   + Show Post

My stepson was due for shots - TWO of them - in order to return to school. I can't remember what the two shots were, but he ended up getting six. One of the six was the HPV vaccine.

Just FYI: I did not take him to get his shots, his BM did. DH & I do not vaccinate our children together. We did until the age of 3 when one suddenly had extreme signs of aggression & still struggles with it. Our 6 year old twins were vaccinated until 3, our 4 year old until 1, and our almost 2 year old has had no shots.

Anyway, when BM dropped him off after getting his shots, she told me how many he got. My jaw dropped, four shots that were not required for him to return to school were given to him - I'm really wishing I would have just written a letter saying we no longer vaccinate, but it's too late for that. So he got a chicken pox booster, and the HPV. I'm not sure what others he got, but those are the 'extras' that she told me about. The first thing out of my mouth was "Gardasil, you got him the Gardasil shot?!!?" She immediately looked appauled and said "NO!" .... I've been researching since I got home this evening (I had a long day at the hospital with one of the twins), and the only shot I can find for boys is, in fact, gardasil.

There have been a lot of deaths and serious life altering side effects because of this shot. I'm devestated by the fact that she unnecessarily gave her son (a child who has lived in my home and been a part of my life for almost 8 years, and I raise everyday) a shot that she had no idea what it was.

What is your stance on Gardasil? Is it something you would give your child? Especially a 12 year old who isn't even interested in the opposite sex?

BM texted me today to ask if SS was okay. I told her he has had headaches for the last two days, but that I didn't know how he was today since DH gets him off for school & I sleep with the littles til' they get up. "Okay thanks. I read up on the shot and the paralysis it may cause and don't want him to be worried about it. I believe we worry about it enough." was what she said in response. I think she's a bit worried about it now that she realizes that she gave him this specific shot without even thinking about what it was. She just assumed they wouldn't give him something dangerous? What, like wheat isn't dangerous to his body, and you continue to give it to him? ... Whatever, I'm really irritated.

My actions do not just affect my life, but also the lives of those that depend on me. Therefore, I choose to make good decisions, ones that will have a positive impact on the lives I've been given to raise up.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Replies (441-450):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I don't even know what those are. And it gets really tiring to always have to have the biopsies done, but my cervix hasn't changed at all. It still has the same amount of abnormal cells as it did 4 years ago. It's been terrible becuase I dread the paps now (not that I didn't before) and I know the biopsy is coming a week after I get my pap done. I absolutely hate it.

Quoting kailu1835:

That's really odd. Have you tried homeopathic treatments? The treatments are not specifically targeting the HPV, but they are detoxifying your body. If your body can be healthier, it will be more likely to fight off the HPV.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kailu1835:

Well that sucks.  I have a 10% chance of clotting if I take birth control, so I understand not wanting to take the risk.  I still think the risk of contracting a lifelong case of HPV is much lower than the risk of being severely injured by the gardasil vaccine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kailu1835:

Which is why I specifically said 90%. Meaning only 10% of HPV will not clear up on its own in 2 years.
Quoting Oceana09:

Not always.

Quoting kailu1835:

It only covers (I think) 4 or 5 different strands of HPV.  Only 2 of those strands can lead to cancer, and as for the other 2 or 3?  90% of all HPV clears up on its own after 2 years.

Quoting Oceana09:

Like I said, I was under the impression. Gardisil came out after I was in HighSchool so I never got it and I don't know everything it's supposed to protect against. What I do know is all of the side effects that have been reported with this vaccine.

Quoting SuDoNim:

And HPV-induced anal, penile, oral, vulval and vaginal cancers.

Quoting Oceana09:

I didn't even know they gave the HPV vaccine to boys since they can't even tell if a male has it unless they have the wart form. I was under the impression that Gardisil only protected from the form that causes Cervical Cancer.

Guess I'm one of the lucky 10%...joyous.

When they first diagnosed me with HPV they said it should go away on it's own before my next pap. 4 abnormal papsmears and 4 biopsies of my cervix later I still have it. Every time they keep telling me it should go away on it's own in the next year and it never does.

bubbbles454
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I wouldn't or accept it for my kids as its not the best choice,safe and ect .

10littleapplets
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Never never no way on any of my children
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
huntersmom1007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM

For all appossed to the shot have you ever had to have a leap.  I think given the choice I would have rather had the shot then part of my cervix lasored off.  Don't know about boy's getthing the shot though.   When you get a leap they have to ground you.  Do you know what that is?  It is what you are thinking.  It is when they put a piece of plastic on your thigh so that you don't get electrocuted.  Not fun. 

MsDenuninani
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Out of curiousity -- what if your daughter wanted it?

I know if my daughter wasn't comfortable with it, I wouldn't force the issue.  From your perspective, is the reverse true?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

My comfort level...get a pap annually and ditch the vax.  My daughter won't get it either.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Six years is not lifetime and they (and you) are fooling yourself to even think that way.  The vaccine doesn't protect against all, but only a few strains of HPV and the pap smear is a really good preventive tool to catch any abnormalities in the cervix long before it's a problem.  And if caught early, easily treatable.

I don't think I'm fooling myself to say that it's an effective tool to prevent certain types of cancer.  Not the only, but a definitely a good one.

And six years isn't a lifetime.  But that's the minimum.  And, frankly, if you get it at the right time, ie, early, you'll have it in your system during the time in your life when you're most likely to be careless in your sexual partners and behavior.  And I don't see the idea that you're "only" protected for somepoint in time as an argument to not be protected at all.

I'm not trying to convince anyone here to vax - I can't know what your comfort level with risk is.  But I don't think that anyone choosing to utilize this vaccine is "fooling themselves" -- there are sound reasons to vax here.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM
People can develop allergies to something at any time in their life, vaccinations or not. They can also go from being severely allergic to something to just fine with it.
I know that my development of allergies to these foods has nothing to do with this particular vaccination. That is what I was saying.

Quoting kailu1835:

Not to be rude here, but there is no way you know that your food allergies began prior to vaccination unless you were not vaccinated as an infant.  Vaccinations start at hours old, with the Hep B shot.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

How do I know for certain?

My allergies to these foods began prior to my vaccination. Unless the vaccination is SO dangerous that it could effect me before even getting it. rofl

I get where you're coming from, but your shitty attitude being directed at me is not at all helpful Ms Anon. 

I'm in no way in denial about anything. As a matter of fact, I'm one who researches things a lot before making any type of decision/opinion. And the more people I can talk to the better. Like I said previously, I have many friends in the medical field (CNAs to MDs). Some of them have opted out of this vaccination. I've discussed these things with them.

I have weighed the pros and cons and for me I made my decision based on that.

A majority of people are NOT injured from this. A portion? Yes. Majority? You're overreacting. 

And I think it's disgusting to say 'when you child suffers'. Overall- your attitude is shitty.

Quoting Anonymous:

it mite not have killed per se a majoritiy or people, but a majority of people ARE injured from this....and when YOUR child suffers and adverse reaction to a vaccine, come back on here and tell us how much fun it is, or tell us how much in denial about it you are about it. .  

And taking a risk with a food allergy is NOT NOT NOT the same as taking a risk with a vaccine...there's NO comparison at all!   And, how do you know YOUR food allergies are NOT caused by latent reaction to a vaccine?   

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Not just you as it's many here this comment is aimed to, but I don't understand the fear.

'They might die.'

Yeah, and? Any time you leave your house with your child, every time you feed them a new food (or they develop an allergy to something later in childhood), every time you allow them to vaccinated with ANYTHING... You are taking the risk of them dying.

I developed a life threatening allergy to two foods that I had never had issues with before. My son could develop a life threatening allergy to anything he has no problems with right now. I don't have an epi-pen so I wouldn't be able to help him. But I took the risk feeding him that day.

*a lot of that was said with sarcasm btw lol*

People speak of this vaccination like it's killed a majority of those who have gotten it and that simply is not the case.

Quoting truetigress:

I have vaccinated  ( the required shots) both of my girls but I am in PURE TERROR over this Gardasil shot. So they think it is safe for most but what about those who die from it....and they would be 12 flippin years old. No way in hell would I put my child's life in danger because of some shot which has killed and harmed too many to be on the damn shelf in the first place!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Not going to happen in my house.

CafeMom Tickers
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM

She's not going to.  She is a smart, intelligent young lady who understands that this vaccine is not the panacea that Merck wants everyone to think it is.  She knows that it is full of dangerous adjuncts and has hurt many young girls.  

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Out of curiousity -- what if your daughter wanted it?

I know if my daughter wasn't comfortable with it, I wouldn't force the issue.  From your perspective, is the reverse true?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

My comfort level...get a pap annually and ditch the vax.  My daughter won't get it either.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Six years is not lifetime and they (and you) are fooling yourself to even think that way.  The vaccine doesn't protect against all, but only a few strains of HPV and the pap smear is a really good preventive tool to catch any abnormalities in the cervix long before it's a problem.  And if caught early, easily treatable.

I don't think I'm fooling myself to say that it's an effective tool to prevent certain types of cancer.  Not the only, but a definitely a good one.

And six years isn't a lifetime.  But that's the minimum.  And, frankly, if you get it at the right time, ie, early, you'll have it in your system during the time in your life when you're most likely to be careless in your sexual partners and behavior.  And I don't see the idea that you're "only" protected for somepoint in time as an argument to not be protected at all.

I'm not trying to convince anyone here to vax - I can't know what your comfort level with risk is.  But I don't think that anyone choosing to utilize this vaccine is "fooling themselves" -- there are sound reasons to vax here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I'm not sure how you've "picked apart" anything I've said; you've agreed that every substance has a level of toxicity.

Mercury has a safety threshold, too, which is comforting considering mercury is a naturally-ocurring presence in our water, soil and air. Toxicity level varies by type (elemental, metallic, organic, inorganic), bodyweight and route of exposure.  

As far as cholecalciferol goes, cholecalciferol is vitamin d3 (not vitamin b). And yes, cholecalciferol/vitamin d3 is also used as rat poison.

Quoting kailu1835:

I can very easily pick apart everything you said.  For starters, anything is toxic if you get enough of it, but can be beneficial to begin with.  Such as Vitamin A.  If you have a deficiency, you're at higher risk for certain illnesses, such as measles, but if you take too much, you can get very sick.  But some things start out as toxins at their basic molecular level, such as mercury.  There are no safe, acceptable amounts of mercury.  Even a tiny amount will cause cellular damage.  It may not be huge, if the exposure is tiny, but it will be there regardless.  And that is the problem with some of the ingredients.  People assume that because they have no negative reaction they can see, and because they didn't get cancer or some other illness as a result, that the amount of the toxins they injected directly into their body is safe.  But they aren't looking at the cellular level, and each vaccine causes reactions in the body that you don't see, and that you don't want.

By the way, the biggest laugh I had was when you said rat poision etc. has Cholecalciferol in it, and Vitamin B has Cholecalciferol in it, so if you take Vitamin B, you're taking rat poison..  That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.  If you take Vitamin B, you are ingesting one of the ingredients of the rat poison, not the rat poison itself.  Cholecalciferol is not an active ingredient in any poisons.  And since it is naturally made in the body anyway, adding it to this discussion is pretty pointless.

cholecalciferol

Quoting Anonymous:

Nah, just a sucker for logic and accuracy.  

Quoting kailu1835:

You're hysterical.

Quoting Anonymous:

Every substance, has a toxicity level, even pure oxygen or water. None of the amounts in vaccines come anywhere near close to harmful levels. If you can prove otherwise, please do so. As far as rodenticides go, no I wouldn't consume them or give it to my child just for kicks, but if a trace amount was due to unavoidable exposure from benefitical treatment, then yes, I would allow it.

Interestingly, the anticoagulant drug Warafin is also used as rat poison. Imagine that: safe and effective in small amounts, while lethal in larger amounts. That's pharmacokinetics for ya.  

ETA: Also interesting, cholecalciferol is the main ingredient in many rodenticides... and vitamin d3. Essentially, anyone taking a d3 supplement or consuming dairy products is consuming rat poison :) 

Quoting kailu1835:

That is factually untrue.  Would you feed your child a tiny amount of rat poison?  Would you eat it yourself?  Even if it was so tiny you couldn't physically see any reaction?  Your body reacts to these toxins, even in teeny tiny amounts.  The only people who say differently are those who stand to gain from you getting vaccines... and the CDC is not exempt from that statement, seeing as how some of the people on the board are big pharmaceutical people.  Massive conflict of interest there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aaaaaand then take some time to research the pharmacokinetics of each ingredient and you'll see that the amounts in vaccines are so miniscule they are barely measurable, let alone at toxic levels. 

Quoting kailu1835:

Start with looking up the ingredients, what each does and what harm they cause in the body. Then look up the number of people actually getting the disease and those who die, verses the number of people having severe reactions or even dying from the vaccine. That's where I started. Then I went further and started looking at the ethical practices of vaccine companies, and discovered what kind of "placebos" are being used in many of the clinical trials.
Quoting Anonymous:

My DD is 6 and has all her shots up to date but that's only because I've apparently been living in a box and didn't know vaccinating was frowned upon in the mommy community and still am unsure why.  EVERYONE says, "Do the research!"  easy for some since they know what they're looking for. 

Are there any particular websites that just break it down for you? 

MsDenuninani
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

She's not going to.  She is a smart, intelligent young lady who understands that this vaccine is not the panacea that Merck wants everyone to think it is.  She knows that it is full of dangerous adjuncts and has hurt many young girls.  

Well. . .I think that "smart, intelligent young ladies" can come to differing opinions, particularly when they seek guidance on topics from people other than their parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN