Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Out of the mouths of babes..."What did that child say?"

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, so when my son was little, before we discovered he needed hearing aids, he heard things a little differently, and repeated the words how he heard them..one of the words being juice..he heard pronounced it "JEW". Well one day walking through Wal-Mart my son decided he needed his juice cup..well instead of quietly asking he proceeded to yell.."Where is my jew, I need my jew, give me my jew!" The looks I got from people were hilarious, to this day I wonder what they were thinking, wondering why my son needed a jew!

Has your child embarrased you in front of lots and lots of people! Share your embarrasing stories, and we can all get a laugh, and not feel so bad that our child yelled that he needed a Jew!

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
butterflies798
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

When my 6 year old dd was potty training, so about 2-2 1/2, we used to sing the potty song "Kenna went potty, poo poo on the potty!" She made me sing it to her when we were in a restaurant bathroom. Yeah everyone in the next stall and out washing their hands was cracking up.

I used to babysit for a a little girl, she was 3 at the time, and couldn't say freckle. She said "Fuck it" Yeah her mom showed me that.

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is one so there aren't any sentences yet. This was cute though.

*puts him in time out*
Me: time out, mommy said no
*leaves room. Sits on chair*
Ds: mom?
Me: yes sweetie?
Ds: done.
Me: not yet dear...

Lmao!!! I tried so hard not to laugh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
z0mbiepenguin
Lol nothing bad here but my son does say music funny. Muse-ih-get.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM
When my youngest brother was little, he would pronounce dump truck like dump fruck and benches were bitches. Lmao! It was sooo funny.
Aleta775
6 moms liked this

Yes. She yelled out in church that she wanted to hear the kinky turtle song. O.0

She meant a song called Our King Eternal. LOL. 

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I use to take care of a little boy who couldn't pronounce his K sound so Kitty Cat came out Titty Tat!

My 3yo refuses to say "yogurt"... instead he calls it "yogi" (like the bear). He also says "blanklee" instead of "blankie"
Aleta775
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd also say firefuck instead of firetruck. 

mom-x-2
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:55 PM
13 moms liked this
When ds was little he was speech delayed and we did early intervention. One of the teachers adopted a. African baby (straight from africa) he was a BIG baby and I was holding him at playgroup one day and he had is fat long arms wrapped around my neck and ds came over held out his arms and said oooh oooh aaaah aaah mama ooooh oooooh ahhhhh ahhhhh. Omfg he thought the baby was a monkey! Look at the baby I said isn't he a cute baby??? I kept emphasizing baby and he kept oooohing and ahhhhing.... I was mortified!
blue_elephant
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Sitting in a crowded urgent care waiting to be tested for strep, my ds asks me, "mommy, are we getting some Mexican for our sore throats?"

I think I was 50 shades of red, when I responded "yes we are here for medicine, for your sore throat".
my4kidsrock2
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:56 PM
6 moms liked this

My husband worked with an older lady named Gilda. Her granddaughter had a hard time saying her name and always called her "Gramma Dildo" No one in her family ever bothered to inform her what a dildo was. It was a stranger in Target who let her know. lol. She was mortified.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)