Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

please dont bash, need honest answers.

Posted by   + Show Post
So today I was at a restaurant and my 15 month old dd was being awful! So I gave her a few sips of my diet Dr pepper, she has never had soda before, ever! So then she really liked it and freaked out even more if I did not give to her! She had about a cup total. So my question is... Tonight she was really hyper,fussy and gassy and just plain irritated! Could it be the soda? I will never give her soda again!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jess-Jax0711
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Yes honey it was the soda, my lil ones get like that when they drink it which is not often and might be 1/2 a cup but they are 5yo n 20 months.

Quoting brittney28:

So today I was at a restaurant and my 15 month old dd was being awful! So I gave her a few sips of my diet Dr pepper, she has never had soda before, ever! So then she really liked it and freaked out even more if I did not give to her! She had about a cup total. So my question is... Tonight she was really hyper,fussy and gassy and just plain irritated! Could it be the soda? I will never give her soda again!

Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM

oh man im never giving my son pop.... hes already a handful and hyper.... 

most likely the sugar and carbon like other said,.

kblossom20
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I've honestly heard that soda pop doesn't make a person hyper. It's just a myth. It's possible that the carbonation probably made her gassy. She'll be okay. No biggie!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Jess-Jax0711
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Yes honey it was the soda, my lil ones get like that when they drink it which is not often and might be 1/2 a cup but they are 5yo n 20 months. She will b ok.

Quoting brittney28:

emptyreliquary
1 mom liked this

Yea, probably the soda. That's what caffeine is for! No judgement on you letting her try it by the way. But my son was 3 before he ever had soda and he an avid water drinker. We only let him have some sprite now and then in moderate amounts, nothing caffeinated, and so far he does not have any sort of soda addiction. He's 4, I hope he always loves water but we'll see. It's just easier if they don't know what they are missing kwim. Luckily she'll forget pretty quickly about soda.

michiganmom5150
Yep. The caffeine and carbonation. Whoever said sugar, you said DIET, right? No sugar. I'm not sure if the artificial sweetener has the same effect on little kids as sugar, but it probably is that.
supermomz25

for sure the soda.

Ticker id: TdTfTicker id: cqHDTicker id: euteTicker id: vPtL

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

It was definately the soda, she'll live but please don't give her the poison that is diet anything!

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

DON'T EVER GIVE HER DARK AND DIET SODAS.  

IF SHE LIKES THE TASTE OF SODA, YOU CAN GET 100% FRUIT JUICE AND MIX IT WITH SELTZER WATER.

.Funfetti.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Most likely. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN