Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

please dont bash, need honest answers.

Posted by   + Show Post
So today I was at a restaurant and my 15 month old dd was being awful! So I gave her a few sips of my diet Dr pepper, she has never had soda before, ever! So then she really liked it and freaked out even more if I did not give to her! She had about a cup total. So my question is... Tonight she was really hyper,fussy and gassy and just plain irritated! Could it be the soda? I will never give her soda again!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
brittney28
by Brittney on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Ill never do it again! I've never seen her like this!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

It was definately the soda, she'll live but please don't give her the poison that is diet anything!

amyleigh80
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I say it's the caffeine. It is the bubbles she likes. Zepherhills has a new carbonated water out that comes in yummy flavors. My DD drinks reg water and milk mostly but when she wants a soda I give her that and she doesn't know the difference. It's just water with carbonation. No caffeine, sugar or sodium. Try that or try club soda.
KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

OH and I do not give my children soda but  tonight, my 20 month old grabbed my husband's Sprite so fast and took a sip.  He wanted more but we didn't let him.... my 3 1/2 yr & 5 yr olds didn't notice, otherwise I'm sure they would want to taste it too.   I told my kids they can't have it until they are 13 and at bday parties only, lol.  We'll see how long that lasts...but, so far so good... I just gotta watch out for my sneaky toddler, he's fast.  :)

babybelly25
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Yep.. it was the soda.. diet is worse for you than regular too!!
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say it's the pop, happens to my daughter if she has pop after noon. Bedtime is a nightmare. Pretty much won't give her anything stronger that ginger ale anymore.

Nicki1995
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:42 PM

This =)

Quoting wrensong:

Yes it was probably the soda. If you ever give her any more, water it down first

artistmom27
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM

It is most likely the soda, Dr. Pepper has a tendency to not be as "crisp" as others. I would limit her exposure to sodas though. It is hard on the digestion.

kels1023
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Be careful with diet sodas and your kids. They contain aspartame which is really really bad you. 

outthere38
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM

honestly. your worried about nothing.  it was a DIET soda. if anything just give her a sip now and then.

GrimmLotus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:00 AM

No idea, my DF gives our 13 month old a few sips of his Mt. Dew and she handles it fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)