Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our pit bit our child in the face tonight unprovoked--UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 581 Replies

He is sitting in the pound tonight.. Our sons crawled by him I heard a growl I turned as he snapped.  Luckily there was no puncture  wound but he has deep scrapes on his eyelid...yep his eyelid and on the side of his face.  I have had that son of a bitch dog since he was 6 weeks old.  Puppy classes.....parvo treatments...treats.....the best food.....chipped....playdates....walked every night....toys...slept in our bed....knew 15+ commands from all the time spent working with him.  My baby was so lucky he didn't loose his eye.  Do I hate the breed...of course not that has nothing to do with what he did.  I just hate him right now

UPDATE

Man the stupidity on this post is AMAZING.  Its not a puppy it is a dog that we have had since 6 weeks old my son was 2 when we got him. He is the last 5 months has started showing aggression to other animals after living with cats and dogs with no issues.  He was walked daily....hubby plays fetch with him everyday after work and he was one class away from CGC.  All you idiots who say this NEVER happens if this or that are so full  of shit. Nothing is always or never and to say a dog ...any dog would never if is total complete bullshit and you all make me sick.  This is my 5th pit...never had a problem.  Raised 5 kids with them NO PROBLEMS.  SOME dogs just as some people change ESPECIALLY at around 2 years of age if any of you genius really knew anything about pits.  That is when they "mature".  If he had truly wanted to hurt DS he could of it was a warning that almost took my sons eye and F him hes gone!!  He survived parvo after a 2 week stay at the vet ........he was in puppy classes, puppy play dates, adolescent classes, went to the dog parkweekly until he started becoming aggressive to other dogs about 5 months ago.  When this first started he had been evaluated and worked with the humane societies behaviorist.  THAT professional didn't see it coming either.  So ALL OF YOU F OFF YOU IDIOTS

to the few that actually have a brain and asked about my son...he now has a huge black eye that is turning yellow and the cut marks from the teeth on his eyelid are finally scabbing over.  THANKS for acting like decent human beings

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Glad your baby is ok!

TristanMitchael
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM
20 moms liked this
How do you know if it was unprovoked if you looked up in time to see the snap?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM
2 moms liked this
How do you know it was unprovoked if you didn't turn until he was snapping already?

I'm glad your baby is OK!
MissMissfit
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TristanMitchael:

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM
4 moms liked this
im sorry, glad your baby is ok. i hate pits so this just reinforced it for me. sorry but it did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad you did what was best for your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:15 AM
23 moms liked this

........And that my friends, is why I will never have one. 

areyouatroll
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Well a lot of things could have triggered that attack, glad your baby is ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Why do you hate pits?

Quoting got2monsters:

im sorry, glad your baby is ok. i hate pits so this just reinforced it for me. sorry but it did.

Nicki1995
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Im wondering the same damn thing

Quoting MissMissfit:

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)