Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a pagan, ask me anything

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Married and a mom of two girls. Ask me anything!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I love reasing into Celtic Mythology and haven't much gotten into a lot of the Norse beliefs yet. It's definantly something I'd need to do a lot more reading on. I've done a little on Asatru but haven't gone much further than that, I'm afraid my ignorance shines through on this one, lol

Quoting XJetX:

I'm Rökkatru. Asatru and Vanatru are not the only Norse Pagan beliefs. As a Heathen/Lokean, know that to call ones self a 'Viking' is improper, as I'm sure she doesn't own a longship, pillage, and sacrifice others in her clan to Thor.

Quoting Anonymous:

Asatru is fascinating.

Quoting wumbo:

I'm a viking. Small world. ;)

XJetX
by Resident Heathen on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:49 AM
I detest xtianity for the same reason, which is why I left the church when I was only 9. Having the BS shoved down my throat, for one, and I was discovering who had been talking to me for all those years. I respect everyone's right to their beliefs, but it doesn't mean that I have to respect those beliefs.

Quoting Anonymous:

To each their own. One of the reason I chose Druidy as my path was because of the value that each person will have their own beliefs. I hated having Christianity shoved down my throat, and I'd never shove my faith down anyone else's.

(But I agree with you)

Quoting XJetX:

Oh, so you waste your time believing in a book that was written thousands of years after polytheism and Paganism was well established? Fascinating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, so there are numerous ways to waste your time and be ridiculous. Enthralling.

Quoting XJetX:

There are so many UPG's regarding Paganism. So what pantheon do you follow?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Whatever.

Quoting Anonymous:

That was a joke for the reply. I could care less, actually but thanks!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol not all pagans practice witchcraft.

Quoting Anonymous:

Careful, they will "cast a spell" on you lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think I care enough to ask you a real question?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I grew up with the majority of my family teaching me about the occult. The older I got, the more dillusional I realized they were. It's your life though, I just wanted to state my opinion. It won't change what you do, nor should it. Continue on as you please!

Quoting XJetX:

Then let me ask you this; what makes you think I am wasting my time when my Gods do for me as I serve them?

Quoting Anonymous:

What book are you imagining that I read? Lol......and did your statement have a point?

Quoting XJetX:

Oh, so you waste your time believing in a book that was written thousands of years after polytheism and Paganism was well established? Fascinating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, so there are numerous ways to waste your time and be ridiculous. Enthralling.

Quoting XJetX:

XJetX
by Resident Heathen on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
The occult? It's a religion that has existed for thousands upon thousands of years. Nothing was considered 'occult' until the Xtians decided that it was against their beliefs, and therefore, wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

I grew up with the majority of my family teaching me about the occult. The older I got, the more dillusional I realized they were. It's your life though, I just wanted to state my opinion. It won't change what you do, nor should it. Continue on as you please!

Quoting XJetX:

Then let me ask you this; what makes you think I am wasting my time when my Gods do for me as I serve them?

Quoting Anonymous:

What book are you imagining that I read? Lol......and did your statement have a point?

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XJetX:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChutterButter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Does it make you feel good to bash someone else's beliefs? Obviously tolerance and respect are not your strong suits.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XJetX:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:58 AM

The freaks come out at night!

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:59 AM

It's very nice to meet you. I am a non-deist Pagan, I do use some Wiccan ritual and imagery and use Goddess and God mythology from around the world in the personal practice of my spirituality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
My religion doesn't make me any more a freak than your religion makes you.

Quoting Anonymous:

The freaks come out at night!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:02 AM

You keep referring to how old your religion is, so I'm wondering if that is your basis in believing it.

Quoting XJetX:

The occult? It's a religion that has existed for thousands upon thousands of years. Nothing was considered 'occult' until the Xtians decided that it was against their beliefs, and therefore, wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XJetX:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured