Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cervidil anyone?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 30 Replies
Getting cervidil put in on Wed and induced on Thurs. if baby isn't here by then. I was due Jan 2nd. Any tips/ advice/ suggestions/ what to expect?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roughneckwife10
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:41 AM

No advice here but Good luck and BUMP!

Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:41 AM

I got Cervidil with my last baby. They had intended on giving me Pitocin with it, but it did the trick by itself to bring on my labor and after 6 hrs, I had my baby.

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I had cervidil with my first pregnancy.  You have to be on bedrest after for I think a few hours.  So they put your catheter in early which sucks but other than that I don't remember anything being difficult.  They put mine in at night and I wasn't allowed up for a few hours but I was asleep so no big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Let the kid stay ... Charge rent
Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I was induced because my fluid was low and it was told that I needed to get my baby out of there due to health reasons. I was full term. Everyone that is inducing, isn't doing it for the hell of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let the kid stay ... Charge rent

roughneckwife10
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I was just informed today I have to lay down for 8 hours. I have a feeling this is going to suck :/

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

I got Cervidil with my last baby. They had intended on giving me Pitocin with it, but it did the trick by itself to bring on my labor and after 6 hrs, I had my baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I wasn't allowed to walk after the catheter was in. They never gave me a time limit really. I had my baby way before 8 hrs.

Quoting roughneckwife10:

I was just informed today I have to lay down for 8 hours. I have a feeling this is going to suck :/

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

roughneckwife10
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Yea they said 8 hours.. and this is the first I'm hearing about a catheter. Never had one before. Do they hurt?

Quoting theosgirl45:

I had cervidil with my first pregnancy.  You have to be on bedrest after for I think a few hours.  So they put your catheter in early which sucks but other than that I don't remember anything being difficult.  They put mine in at night and I wasn't allowed up for a few hours but I was asleep so no big deal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roughneckwife10
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Do catheters hurt? I never had one of those before either

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

I wasn't allowed to walk after the catheter was in. They never gave me a time limit really. I had my baby way before 8 hrs.

Quoting roughneckwife10:

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)