Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tubal ligation mommas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Can someone explain to me how it works? 

If the tubes are tied, how does the egg get through to be a period? or do you not have periods anymore?

And if the tubes are tied, and you get pregnant, how did the sperm get through the tie? 

and how is the egg going to get out without blowing the tube up if you dont get surgery. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:28 AM

The egg doesn't get through. That is the entire point. The hormones released when you ovulate ect are all it takes to start the cycle. Sperm aren't supposed to get through the tie.  If by chance you do get pregnant it will most likely result in a tubal pregnancy and you will have to have surgery to remove the egg from your fallopian tubes.

Also FYI... they don't literally tie the tubes. They are either surgically clipped shut or cut and cauturized.

Here is some info that might help. Click Here

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:37 AM

that still confuses me though. i hear that women still have periods after a ligation. how is that possible if the egg never gets through to the uterus. 

im so sorry i sound stupid. i promise ive had children lol. im pregnant again rightnow and its 230am and i dont think my brain is wrapping around this right. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM

bump for the day crew? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)