Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obesity

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I just started my new classes for this semester and Research Methods for Health Sciences is one of them (I know lucky me) our final paper was introduced and we will be working towards it through the class with little assignments blah blah...  

I need to pick a topic which includes distinguishing a research problem from a health problem, an example of this would be obesity. Obesity is VERY researchable, AND is a health problem. My problem is a lot of people have picked this already and I want to do something different just need some ideas/suggestions.

Help please? 

Thank You in advance.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Arthritis...given the advancing age of population, obesity, etc. arthritis is a growing problem. You could look at osteoarthritis, treatments, joint replacements, etc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:39 AM
I will look into that thank you!

Quoting tossed:

Arthritis...given the advancing age of population, obesity, etc. arthritis is a growing problem. You could look at osteoarthritis, treatments, joint replacements, etc. 

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Brain cancer.  My daughter has it.  There is so much to to learn about it.

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:41 AM
childhood diseases? lung cancer? mental illness? idk if those would even work just some suggestions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
How about cancer research? As we know it there's no cure, but I heard a couple of times there is a cure, that the FDA and the government aren't telling us so they can profit from all the meds so many people take. I don't know for a fact if this is true, but it's worth looking into.
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I will look into that thank you!

Quoting tossed:

You could also research asthma. It seems to be on the rise...causes a ton of missed school days...hospital visits, etc. It is a very relevant topic. Other ideas that come to mind are gastric bypass surgery options(spin off of obesity)...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry

Quoting melakay1981:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:46 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this about your daughter, my deepest sympathies.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry

Quoting melakay1981:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:07 AM
Bump
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:11 AM

how about how a child is upper 95% in weight charts but is skinny.  but since they are in the upper 95% bracket the goverment considers them obese.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured