Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dread being home alone with my 2 girls

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I hate staying home with my kids , 4 and 2 , I love them , I want to see them happy all the time but I hate the screaming and shouting and arguing and squabbling toys all the time , I have a small house so we are stuck in the same room all together. I fell guilty when people make comments like, they are lovely , play with them or keep them busy or turn the TV on ,no big deal.but I don't enjoy it all the time .... Am I really a bad mother ?? Is it normal for toddlers and preschoolars to stay home all day without getting bored ?? Coz that never happens with me if I don't play with them it's shouting and screaming , I can't do anything for myself when they are awake .... I know they are a blessing but I'm tired, bored and in a bad mood all the time . And please save me the hard words ...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I agree with this.

And MOPS is awesome!!

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Sounds like you need to get out of the house more. 

I get the arguing and screaming and squabbling over toys.  I have 3 boys who do this daily.  I have two 4yr olds who are still trying to negotiate playing and having their turn and verbalizing this with each other and older brother so I am usually in the midst of it all referining (sp) it all. 

Do you have a MOPs group near you?  MOPs ( link)is Mothers with Preschoolers.  My old group, which I might start back up this fall, met 2 times a month for 2 hours.  My kids were taken care of and I got to relax and talk with other mamas and have a snack and talk about so many things. Check the link I shared.  You can see if there is a MOPs near you.  The closest one for me is 15 mins away but so worth it!

What you are going through, we all go through it. 

Try this website, No time for flashcards, for some great ideas to do with your kids. 

Also, remember, its winter.  We all hate being cooped up in the house. Once its warm enough outside, I notice a huge difference in my kids.  They are so happy to be outside they forget to argue with each other!!  Its like the sunshine and warm breeze washes the stink off them and they are happy!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Why does it feel that my kids are the only ones that can play mucs together and not argue? They are three and always play together without fussing.

Oh thats right I parent my kids and dont let that stuff happen.
starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Because they are twins.  My twins play together so much better together than with my oldest.  I rarely have to intervene with  my twins.  They love to play together. 

Its called sibling rivalry and it happens no matter whether you let it happen or not.

You can parent them the best you can and kids are still going to fight.  We are human.  We can only take so much.

Must be nice to be perfect.  Oh wait, I don't want to be perfect.  I want to be the mom I need to be with my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does it feel that my kids are the only ones that can play mucs together and not argue? They are three and always play together without fussing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM
They are not twins one is my DS the other is my SD

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Because they are twins.  My twins play together so much better together than with my oldest.  I rarely have to intervene with  my twins.  They love to play together. 

Its called sibling rivalry and it happens no matter whether you let it happen or not.

You can parent them the best you can and kids are still going to fight.  We are human.  We can only take so much.

Must be nice to be perfect.  Oh wait, I don't want to be perfect.  I want to be the mom I need to be with my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Go outside and get some fresh air. When my boys start squabbling I send them outside to play and they always come back in a better mood. Can the 4 yr old start pre k? The kids in my area start pre k in a regular school at 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM
You are a rare case because last time I checked it was NORMAL for siblings to fight. My boys are vest friends and get along 99 percent of the time but every once in awhile they will argue about something and that's when I send them outside to play.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM

No matter if they are twins or not.  They are both the same age and at the same developmental level and like playing with the same things. 

Look at a room full of 3yr olds.  Most likely they are all playing somewhat together.  Parallel play has pretty much quit and they are all interacting together.  They are all the same age and for the most part at the same developmental level.  There will be fighting cause at this age they are trying to figure out how to negotiate sharing of toys and using their words instead of their hands.

Put a 3 yr old with a 6 yr old and you will have trouble.  The 6yr old doesn't want the 3 yr old in their toys.  The 3yr old is impatient and impulsive and the 6yr old doesn't get it.  Also, they have different interests too.  There will be fighting and yelling between them both.  Teacher or parents patience is going to be tried.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Yeah not believing that crock of shit. The fighting and not sharing is the parents fought for not teaching their kids. Both of mine play well with older and younger kids because I taught them and they don't like playing with the same thing my DS loves cars and trucks while my SD loves babies and barbies.

It's all about parenting and teaching your kids.

Quoting starbuckmom03:

No matter if they are twins or not.  They are both the same age and at the same developmental level and like playing with the same things. 

Look at a room full of 3yr olds.  Most likely they are all playing somewhat together.  Parallel play has pretty much quit and they are all interacting together.  They are all the same age and for the most part at the same developmental level.  There will be fighting cause at this age they are trying to figure out how to negotiate sharing of toys and using their words instead of their hands.

Put a 3 yr old with a 6 yr old and you will have trouble.  The 6yr old doesn't want the 3 yr old in their toys.  The 3yr old is impatient and impulsive and the 6yr old doesn't get it.  Also, they have different interests too.  There will be fighting and yelling between them both.  Teacher or parents patience is going to be tried.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Quoting Anonymous:

starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Well, believe it or not but I am teaching my kids daily how to get along and not fight.  I give them the tools but they are kids.  They are going to fight and not get along at times.  Its normal.

Obviously your kids are exceptional and don't fight so kudos to you.

Also, you have a son and a daughter.  I have 3 sons and the OP has 2 daughters.  That can factor in on why our kids have a harder time getting along.  Of course your kids aren't going to fight.  They aren't playing together.  They have their own toys and interests.  My brother and I never really played together but we fought as we got older even tho my mom did her best to get us not too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah not believing that crock of shit. The fighting and not sharing is the parents fought for not teaching their kids. Both of mine play well with older and younger kids because I taught them and they don't like playing with the same thing my DS loves cars and trucks while my SD loves babies and barbies.

It's all about parenting and teaching your kids.

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM

You do know that when you make a post ON YOUR OWN POST, it says "Anonymous - Original Poster" ... Right?? So are you trying to make a troll post? I think you just FAILED!

Quoting Anonymous:

i understand you i am one of those moms, i have to keep my sanity by taking kids out everyday .... coz my toddler would eat all day if we stay in 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN