Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you anything worth saying?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 6 Replies

I could use some motivation and insperation....please feel free to share any story you have about over coming tough times...anything from kicking a drug addiction to being a single mom.

Needing insperation :)

(and spell check...lol)

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Hubby and I were both laid off around the same time. We went a year without work and managed to come out of it better than when we went in somehow and now hubby finally gets to work in the field he always dreamed of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Thank you for sharing! 

Quoting AleaKat:

Hubby and I were both laid off around the same time. We went a year without work and managed to come out of it better than when we went in somehow and now hubby finally gets to work in the field he always dreamed of.

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

There will always be better days when you are down.  I grew up in poverty in an abusive household, went through an unhappy marriage that took over 18 years of my life, have been homeless, went through major medical issues with my children and more. I have overcome it all and I am happier than ever. You just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep your head held high.  That is how you find happiness and get to your goals.

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
James (DS) and I survived the most horrific car accident of our lives, I watched him heal phenomenally quick, 4 months later I'm still in therapy but I'm ALIVE
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a child abuse survivor. later went on to be a domestic violence survivor. became a single mother of 4 after fleeing the abusive marriage. Was homeless with 4 kids and didnt even have enough money to buy them food, shoes or winter coats. I am now happily married to a wonderful man my children are safe, happy, clean, fed, clothed and live in a nice house with their own rooms. I never in a million years thought i could have a good life but i do. Everything i have become is because i never stopped trying to give my kids the life they deserve.
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was born 10 weeks early, was in the NICU for 9 weeks and is now a healthy, pain in the butt four year old, lol.

My husband was fired two years ago (worked there for 9 years), started his own business (direct competition) and is solely supporting our household.

Bad things happen to everyone.  You just have to be strong, pull up those boot straps and soldier on.  In 100 years, none of this will matter anyway.  :)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)