Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 772 Replies
1 mom liked this
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this
My tax dollars pay that teacher's salary!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM
59 moms liked this
Its really non of your buisness
JoyfulinSD
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM
37 moms liked this

maybe she has a health issue and it's none of your business?

edelweiss23
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM
52 moms liked this
Don't make an ass of yourself.

Maybe she has health concerns that are quite frankly none of your business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kat31
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I would assume she has some sort of medical issue going on and leave it at that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
46 moms liked this
How do you know she's not sick? She could be battling cancer. Or her husband could be deathly sick. If the school allows her to be gone than there is a good reason. You had no business calling and asking her like that.
mommy5912
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
10 moms liked this

You have no right to call her house or to know why she is out...It could be a very personal reason and as long as the school knows why and the school has allowed it that is all that matter...When you out of work it is none of your co workers business so why would the teacher being out be your business?

Anonymous
12 moms liked this
No you don't actually deserve to know. She is probably ill and its really none of your business. As to calling her at her home that was way out of line. If she wanted you to call her at home she would have given you the number her self.
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
7 moms liked this
None of your business. Your kid is still getting an education. Quit bitching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
9 moms liked this
What if she has a debilitating illness and is doing everything she can to be there as much as possible but has good days and bad days?

Would you feel like an asshole?

I'm sure the people who NEED to know are very aware of what is going on with her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured