Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (101-110):
GhostlyLoki
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Shut the hell up and get a life, that woman is probably dealing with some serious medical issues and you're doing nothing but being a total bitch. Who cares if she needs off? Your kid still goes to school and has a teacher. Stop trying to elbow your way in to people's personal lives when you have NO business even asking. As for calling the teacher on her private number, I would have done a lot more then tell you not to call if I was her. Crazy ass stalker.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I hope you're a troll.
ratchetlee
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

i understand your frustration.....but it really isn't your business.  She could have some health issues that she doesn't want to discuss just yet.  While, I think kids need stability from their teacher...I am sure she worked out the details with her employers before the school year started.

As far as calling at home....if it's a question about homework and such, then she is obligated to answer...but she doesn't have to answer personal questions!

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM
It's none of your business. She might have some serious personal or medical issues going on and probably doesn't appreciate your nosey behind stalking her. If the school officials don't have a problem with her absence, then you shouldn't either. Get a life and quit bothering the poor woman .

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

Dorra
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Could be medical reasons that are none of your business. My mom and dad had to leave for 2 weeks every month when he was going thru radiation treatments. Could be she has a family member who is having these treatments that she has to be with.
Is your child still doing well in school? If your child is not failing, why worry about it? If your child is still getting a proper education, why worry? Just because she misses doesn't mean she doesn't care about your child. To be able to properly care/teach your child she must be in good health herself.
Give her a break bc you will feel like crap when you find out its a medical condition beyond her control. Until then, CHILL.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM
its none of your business stop stalking the woman...freaking crazy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

This could ultimately lead to you being charged with stalking/harrassment.  The law is firmly on the teacher's/school's side.  You have NO right to their personal business, no matter how badly you want to know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would think it was medical, most likely Cancer from the sounds of how much time she is missing.

I would also make it my business to know why.  It is a COMPLETE disruption to the classroom having her in and out like that. 

When I was in 5th grade, I had a teacher with cancer.  She told the whole class that there would be times when she had to leave for periods of time.  Well early in the school year she left ,October?  I believe it was around december that we were told that she had passed away.   She was REALLY one amazing lady that I will always remember.  Even though it was tramatic at the time, I wouldn't have had it any other way. I  am honoroed to have met Mrs. Michelle.

SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Selfish much? Maybe she actually likes to keep her private life private... OMG... That is crazy... but some people actually do! 

428pm
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM

yea, I just reread that.  You called her personal line?  REALLY????  WTF?

You better cool your heels before she files a restraining order sheesh!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM

You called his teacher at home??? You are a fool, and should feel foolish for doing so. 

Worry about your own problems and not the teachers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)