Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Maybe just maybe she has cancer or something or has some other medical issue if your kids education isn't being effected leave it alone its none of your business
mama2beautiesnb
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you thought she has medical issues like cancer and doesnt want everyone to know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound a little high strung. Perhaps she is having medical issues. If you don't like it have your kid switch classrooms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think you have a right to know what a teacher is doing in their personal life.  Is your child learning less because she's been gone?

You didn't say if the phone number was her house number.  I'd be pissed off too if you called my house just to be nosy. If you want to discuss your child then you shouldn't be calling a teachers home.

428pm
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM

maybe she has cancer or something, not really any of your business imo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
They have subs all the time

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

None of your business. Your kid is still getting an education. Quit bitching.

mary841108
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM

my she has personal reason which she doesnt want to share. you cant make her tell you anything she doesnt want to. maybe it is a medical reason that at the moment she is reluctant to talk about. maybe she is having marital issues that she is going back to court for. honestly though, it is none of your business.

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
You can't. There are laws that protect employees', including teachers', privacy. She could have a chronic medical condition, or have a family member with one. There are federal laws which force employers to accommodate these situations.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy35
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM

She probably has a health issue, or a member of her family does.  It is not any of your business.  The school or the teacher does not have to tell you shit.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM
4 moms liked this

You can't. It's none of your fucking business. And I'd be PISSED if you called me at home.

Maybe she's having health problems. Get over yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN