Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Maybe she is sick? Or her husband is sick? Or her child?
It isn't ANY of your business why she is gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Cell phone

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think you have a right to know what a teacher is doing in their personal life.  Is your child learning less because she's been gone?

You didn't say if the phone number was her house number.  I'd be pissed off too if you called my house just to be nosy. If you want to discuss your child then you shouldn't be calling a teachers home.

rosemagic01
5 moms liked this

Ummm all you need to know is how the school is going to make sure that your child gets consistant teaching so that she doesn't fall behind. You don't deserve to know anything private about this women! 

LyTe684

None of your business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
None of your business. Maybe she has family that is really sick, or maybe she's battling something like cancer. Obviously she has the support of the school so leave it be.
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM

My nephews teacher was like this ( hes in kindergarten). She was an older woman and was always out because of family problems or something. Parents began to complain because the class was behind the other two classes because they always had substiutes and there wasn't any consistency. The teacher ended up just retiring from the pressure( she needed to, she was old). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
15 moms liked this

Wow, if I was that teacher I would request for your kid to be moved to another class and file harrassment with the police. You have absolutely NO right to be calling her house or hounding her as to why she wasn't there. Obviously, its a good reason if the principal is allowing it and will not tell you either. What a bitchy thing to do!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
15 moms liked this
Kids have entitlement issues because of parents like you. Congrats.
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you kidding?  You have to be kidding.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Is the school paying for the cell phone?  If not then you're still trying to violate her privacy.  She's an older lady, assume she's having health issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cell phone

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think you have a right to know what a teacher is doing in their personal life.  Is your child learning less because she's been gone?

You didn't say if the phone number was her house number.  I'd be pissed off too if you called my house just to be nosy. If you want to discuss your child then you shouldn't be calling a teachers home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)