Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
It's none of your business. Maybe she has a medical condition that she does want to disclose because she doesn't want her students to know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Then this teacher should do that. Its not right

Quoting Lyssa0587:

My nephews teacher was like this ( hes in kindergarten). She was an older woman and was always out because of family problems or something. Parents began to complain because the class was behind the other two classes because they always had substiutes and there wasn't any consistency. The teacher ended up just retiring from the pressure( she needed to, she was old). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
5 moms liked this
You sound like a lunatic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
You are the reason I never wanted to become a teacher.
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM
5 moms liked this

Wow stalker much??

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

If she has the time off built up from her leave then she can take the time off. I understand your concern but maybe she has been ill or a family member has been ill.  She doesn't have to tell you nor does the principal. Swtich your child to another class if possible. 

DuncansMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I would assume she has cancer or something, but that's just me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM
5 moms liked this
Maybe she found out she has cancer so she spends time making meth to pay for chemo?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd go to the school board.  And for those saying her kid is still getting an education, it's not a good one.  As a former teacher I HATED calling out sick because the subs were pretty much useless.  If she is gone that much it is definitely affecting the children's learning.  In some states, all you need is a HS diploma to sub.  Having a different sub every few days is NOT the same as being taught by a qualified teacher.

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this

If the class is falling behind the other classes  because they don't have consistency, then yes, they need to do something, but if the class is fine, then I don't see a problem. Its going to take you and other parents complaining to make them do something. Again, this is only if you are noticing an issue with your childs education.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then this teacher should do that. Its not right

Quoting Lyssa0587:

My nephews teacher was like this ( hes in kindergarten). She was an older woman and was always out because of family problems or something. Parents began to complain because the class was behind the other two classes because they always had substiutes and there wasn't any consistency. The teacher ended up just retiring from the pressure( she needed to, she was old). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured