Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
You should not have called her or asked her why she is out. She has the right to her privacy. If you're concerned for your child because of having subs switching out talk to the principal about your concerns about your child's education....not about the reason the teacher is out.
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Maybe she is having to take off for cancer treatments. I had a teacher do the samething and she wouldn't tell the students because she didn't want us to worry. Bottom line, it's none of your business why she isn't there. It only concerns her and her employer, and you need to drop it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Maybe she is ill? Maybe she has cancer or another ailment that is causing her issues. You don't know and its not your right to know. They have subs for a reason.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

You just sound crazy!

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
13 moms liked this

And you need to be brought up on harassment charges for stalking the woman.

You're one of *those* parents. Nowhere in your OP did you say your child's education is suffering, so you're only doing this to be a busybody.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will. Thanks that'd be a great idea. She needs to be fired for being irresponsible

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd go to the school board.  And for those saying her kid is still getting an education, it's not a good one.  As a former teacher I HATED calling out sick because the subs were pretty much useless.  If she is gone that much it is definitely affecting the children's learning.  In some states, all you need is a HS diploma to sub.  Having a different sub every few days is NOT the same as being taught by a qualified teacher.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM

My son's teacher had breast cancer. All last year she was in and out of the class getting chemo. Maybe your kid's teacher is going through something like that. Our teacher didn't want to quit teaching, so she came in as often as she could while undergoing chemo.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Yup psycho you need to be fined for being a rude bitch. You do not need to know about her personal life, the principal at that school is allowing it. Guess what so will the superintendent!

Quoting Anonymous:

I will. Thanks that'd be a great idea. She needs to be fired for being irresponsible

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd go to the school board.  And for those saying her kid is still getting an education, it's not a good one.  As a former teacher I HATED calling out sick because the subs were pretty much useless.  If she is gone that much it is definitely affecting the children's learning.  In some states, all you need is a HS diploma to sub.  Having a different sub every few days is NOT the same as being taught by a qualified teacher.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
3 moms liked this
No. This issue should be taken up with the school, not the teacher. She has a right to privacy and no parent should be calling her personal number asking where she is. That is psychotic.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is her business if her child's education is suffering.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's none of your business. Maybe she has a medical condition that she does want to disclose because she doesn't want her students to know.

Anonymous
7 moms liked this

If you called my cell phone, the next contact you would have would be a restraining order from the police.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cell phone

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think you have a right to know what a teacher is doing in their personal life.  Is your child learning less because she's been gone?

You didn't say if the phone number was her house number.  I'd be pissed off too if you called my house just to be nosy. If you want to discuss your child then you shouldn't be calling a teachers home.

Anonymous

You called her house? wtf

Seriously, let it be. You don't NEED to know her personal business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)