Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (611-620):
michelleinfl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

It is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS why she is off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 123 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM

It's really none of your business. She could have a number of different, very personal situations going on in her life right now. Things happen. Cancer. Addiction. A dying parent. It is not your right to know her business just because your child in her class. Have some consideration.

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I can't believe you felt entitled to call her house.  How disgustingly rude is that?!!  Teachers are not on call 24/7 for you to call and ask questions nor are you entitled to know anything about her private life.  Chances are that she or a family member are ill and its none of your damn business.  Subs are not the teacher's responsibility to find.  Complain to the principal that you don't like the revolving door of subs; the principal or someone in the office is frequently the one in charge of setting up subs.  Make sure you have specific, legitimate compliants though and not just whining that you were consulted that the teacher needs to be out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 124 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Maybe she has a lot of sick days added up and uses them when she wants. *shrug* idk
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I think you have a right to be upset your child doesn't have a consistent teacher and if it really bothers you, request to have her change classes. However, parent or not you don't have a right to know why she's not there. That's her life and none of your business. I can't believe you really think you are entitled to that information.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissMal1
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

This! You really don't have a right to bother her at home. You should really have taken it up with the school, and only with the school. They don't have to tell you why she isn't there, as I'm sure that is confidential, and none of your business in the first place. She is probably sick, looking after a sick family member, or is dealing with some other family issue.

The best you can do is express your concerns to the principal. What ever they are! And ask for some reassurance that your child's education and safety is being kept to the highest standard, given whatever the teacher's situation is.

I don't understand why you are so concerned about the teacher's personal business!?!

Quoting mommy5912:

You have no right to call her house or to know why she is out...It could be a very personal reason and as long as the school knows why and the school has allowed it that is all that matter...When you out of work it is none of your co workers business so why would the teacher being out be your business?

GypsyMom2012
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

It is legally, none of your business. However, I agree that if she is a teacher, she should be there the majority of the time. I would encourage changing your child's class so they can have a consistent teacher. 

Chelsey191
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

you dont deserve to know, that is between her and her employer.

ElizabethGracie
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

You were completely out of line to call her.I'm sure the principal understands what's going on.And no,you don't deserve to know.Your tax dollars don't give you the right to invade her privacy.

Idiot.

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you."

shellbelle4
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Haven't you ever heard of a little thing called "HIPPA" ???? 

Go to the principal and request a more consistant subsitute arrangement. If that doesn't work, ask that your child be moved to another classroom. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN