Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (621-630):
MommaTasha1003
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Maybe she has a health concern that can be embarassing to an older lady..

Like something with her personal parts.. Colon Cancer, Vaginal Issues.. Or whatever.. Not everyone wants their personal business out there..

Is your child being taught? Is it effecting their education?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 125 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM

She shouldn't give up her job just because something has happened that is ineterrupting her life for a little while to please you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then this teacher should do that. Its not right

Quoting Lyssa0587:

My nephews teacher was like this ( hes in kindergarten). She was an older woman and was always out because of family problems or something. Parents began to complain because the class was behind the other two classes because they always had substiutes and there wasn't any consistency. The teacher ended up just retiring from the pressure( she needed to, she was old). 

Luv_my_hubby
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM

You have no right to demand to know why the teacher is absent. She very well may have a health condition that is none of your business. Just because she is your child's teacher does not give you the right to demand personal info about her. No school would ever give a parent that kind of information.

You have entitlement issues if you think that you have the right to call a teacher at home and demand answers. I can understand why the teacher was upset and demanded you never call again.

You are way out of line OP!!!!!

ballerossandra
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Quoting mommy5912:

You have no right to call her house or to know why she is out...It could be a very personal reason and as long as the school knows why and the school has allowed it that is all that matter...When you out of work it is none of your co workers business so why would the teacher being out be your business?

Agree

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM

she could be having MAJOR health issues.  Many teachers I have known have had cancer and need time to take off for chemo.  Also , do not ever call a teacher at home, EVER.  Many years ago when I taught full time, a parent had the nerve to look up my number and call me because her child was in trouble for going up to my desk and getting the answers for the math test. Yes, she was annoyed because I upset her cheater. My number went unlisted after that.

ballerossandra
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I would be so mad at the person that gave you my nnumber.

you are way out of line

Anonymous
by Anonymous 126 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I can't believe you called her at home :/

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

When you are responsible for my kid, you don't get a private life

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

You DESERVE to know HER private life?! Seriously? You need to back off. You are completely out of line.

She's not responsible for your child - YOU are.  You don't like the type of education your child is getting, switch schools or home school.  It's none of your business what the teacher does in her time off.  By all means write a letter expressing your concern if it is affecting your child's education (I doubt it really, the curriculum is the curriculum and any teacher can do it) and suggest that they perhaps have the same substitute on her days off, my school does this. 

karisma22
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Maybe it's none of your business.  Maybe she has an illness that is being treated.  Maybe some other reason, but still none of your business.

ginger813
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Wow, I am almost speechless on this one. You are WAY out of line! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN