Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (651-660):
LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Wtf! If a teacher is not at school she is NOT at school you cant call her on her personal time and ask why! Are you crazy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Its none of your damn business, and you have absolutely no right calling her at her home.. it is illegal for the principal to disclose why teach is out... mind your own, if you cant handle it, then put your kid in a different class.

CountryMomma123
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:27 AM

How the FUCK is she being irresponsible? They know she is gone. My god get a life and stop being a helicopter parent. People like you make me sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will. Thanks that'd be a great idea. She needs to be fired for being irresponsible

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd go to the school board.  And for those saying her kid is still getting an education, it's not a good one.  As a former teacher I HATED calling out sick because the subs were pretty much useless.  If she is gone that much it is definitely affecting the children's learning.  In some states, all you need is a HS diploma to sub.  Having a different sub every few days is NOT the same as being taught by a qualified teacher.

CountryMomma123
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes the fuck she does. Just because she is a teacher doesnt mean she has to tell you everything that goes on in her life out side of work. Your just stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

When you are responsible for my kid, you don't get a private life

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

You DESERVE to know HER private life?! Seriously? You need to back off. You are completely out of line.

Butterfly1108
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Maybe she is dealing with something personal. 

coffeeexpress
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I think you have the right to know,  but its not a big deal as long as a sub has been in teaching, your child is still getting an education. She could be dealing with an illness of a family member being ill.  I would not advise calling on off duty hours that is an invasion of privacy, they may be teachers but they have a life too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM

You know, this same post was made a few months ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You know, this same post was made a few months ago.

I thought that post was about a teacher who wasn't in class much. She would leave for pumping while the assistant principal took over(or something like that).

Bitchess
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Bullshit!!! When my kid's teachers aren't teaching what they do in their private life is none of my business. Geezus woman lay off. If you really have that much issue either home school or switch classrooms. It's obvious the school is alright with taking this time off. You sound psycho and controlling.

Quoting Anonymous:

When you are responsible for my kid, you don't get a private life

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

You DESERVE to know HER private life?! Seriously? You need to back off. You are completely out of line.

boo   Daisypath Anniversary tickers

unusualmom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:49 AM

When I was in school one of my (highly dedicated) teachers wife left him for another man.  He went into a mental breakdown, moved away and we never saw him again.  It was really odd. 
Maybe this teacher has medical problems and needs to go to the dr often. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured