Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (661-670):
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting coffeeexpress:

I think you have the right to know,  but its not a big deal as long as a sub has been in teaching, your child is still getting an education. She could be dealing with an illness of a family member being ill.  I would not advise calling on off duty hours that is an invasion of privacy, they may be teachers but they have a life too.

What makes you think you have "the right to know" why a teacher is absent? You have the right to know she is absent, but not the reason. A teacher is entitled to privacy. 

juggamomma
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Thats way out of line calling her house asking about her personal life like that. I would have been pissed too if I were that teacher. I know you wouldn't like it if some woman you didn't know was calling you're house wanting to know where the hell you are. Thats rude lady!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nicky2911
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:56 AM

If she is not at work that much it must be a pretty good reason for her to still have her job.  You don't deserve to know jack let the woman be and stop stalking... If you wanna know where your kid's teacher is 24/7 and be all up in their personal business start homeschooling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 135 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:59 AM
She probably has cancer you asshole. Chemo makes an otherwise healthy person weaker than a mother fucker and she is NOT required to tell you her personal business.
coffeeexpress
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:00 AM

I guess you missed the last line of my statement.

Quoting tossed:

Quoting coffeeexpress:

I think you have the right to know,  but its not a big deal as long as a sub has been in teaching, your child is still getting an education. She could be dealing with an illness of a family member being ill.  I would not advise calling on off duty hours that is an invasion of privacy, they may be teachers but they have a life too.

What makes you think you have "the right to know" why a teacher is absent? You have the right to know she is absent, but not the reason. A teacher is entitled to privacy. 

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I just read 14 pages of people disagreeing with you. Lolz. You're winning.

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM
You called her house? Hell yes I would be pissed at you!

Good chance she is ill or a family member, it isnt your business. The school allows it which means there is a good reason and your child is taken care of, there is no issue.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 136 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:13 AM

What if she is on dialysis or chemo? Don't be so hard on her, and if it is medical, it is none of your business

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Quoting coffeeexpress:

Quoting tossed:

Quoting coffeeexpress:

No, I did not miss your contradiction. I am questioning your opening.."I think you have the right to know...." 

coffeeexpress
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Well when I was a kid if the teacher was going to be out for a while, the school sent a note home with us.  Same when my kids were growing up  In my personal opinion its common courtesy.        

Quoting coffeeexpress:

Quoting tossed:

Quoting coffeeexpress:

No, I did not miss your contradiction. I am questioning your opening.."I think you have the right to know...." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)